Private land to shoot on

Posted by: ChrisC

Private land to shoot on - 01/21/15 06:54 AM

I'm in Fairfax and looking to find someone with land within 1-1.5 hours of me to shoot on, once a month or so. No hunting, no ATVs, just a place to get out to 600-800 yards as well as handguns. Happy to pay for it, just can't find a rifle range close enough. I like 340 defense but hate waiting for a spot on the line, and I'd like to start taking my son and daughter out to a quiet place where they can learn to shoot. Please let me know if you are interested, thanks.
Posted by: masterlunatic

Re: Private land to shoot on - 01/21/15 07:05 AM

check out these guys
http://www.legacyhuntfishcamp.com/

Re: Private land to shoot on - 01/21/15 04:07 PM

Thanks, just sent them an inquiry. Appreciate the lead.
Posted by: DeltaFunk0

Re: Private land to shoot on - 01/22/15 01:09 AM

ChrisC, I live in Arlington, looking for a similar opportunity. Please let me know if these guys are receptive to the idea.

Re: Private land to shoot on - 01/22/15 02:44 PM

It sounds like a good organization, but at this time most of their property is in the Midwest. They are fairly expensive for a membership, and they are currently dedicated only to hunting and not target shooting. He did indicate that they were looking to build a range soon, but don't have anything at this time. I'm going to check on local deer leases and see if they are interested in low-cost rent in the off-season.

Re: Private land to shoot on - 01/22/15 02:49 PM

To clarify, they do have about six local properties. The cost is the real issue, with a one time joining fee of $995 and a $1300 per year membership fee. That's pretty steep for me just to go and target shoot. I have an application in at the Fairfax Rod and gun club, but they have a tremendous backlog and have not released any new memberships so it will be at least 3 to 5 years by my estimation before I could get in.
Posted by: bahia_maduro

Re: Private land to shoot on - 01/24/15 10:18 AM

The 100 yd and 400 yd lanes at 340 are currently closed for maintenance, they said until mid-Feb. Also, no tannerite (temporarily).

Re: Private land to shoot on - 02/02/15 04:01 PM

Man, can't find anything and don't have time to go door-to-door. Anybody have some land they want to rent out?
Posted by: chwebmaker

Re: Private land to shoot on - 04/05/15 08:51 AM

Why don't you join Izaak Walton in Centreville. They have a nice range and it's close to where you live.

Re: Private land to shoot on - 04/24/15 11:31 PM

Thanks, I'll check them out
Posted by: Pham27

Re: Private land to shoot on - 04/24/15 11:55 PM

Check out the Cove campground. $15 camping fee, includes range.
Posted by: pentrix2

Re: Private land to shoot on - 05/16/15 11:08 PM

I live in Arlington and looking for the same thing. Anyone found anything?