last Sunday

Posted by: ruckersvillan

last Sunday - 10/30/21 07:59 AM

A friend of mine wanted me to help him sight in a scope on his Ar15. He bought a vortex crossfire and just mounted it, no boresight,no nothing. We set up last Sunday to do it. My dad wanted me to show him how to use his Ar15 again, ( every so often he does this lol) and he also wanted to shoot his 30/30.
We have our own shooting range that goes out to 120-130 yards to the berm. I haven't shot much lately with ammo being like it is. I have plenty but just hate to shoot it with the high cost of replacing it.
Anyway, I got John's ar sighted in, its about 1.5 high at 100 yards. Dads has irons, and he was hitting a 8 inch plate all day long. I could hit a 3 inch but my eyes are a little better, my father is 73. He hit the smaller one a few times but was giving the 8 inch hell.
Dad then got his marlin 336 and was burning up the targets. My friend wanted to shoot dads 336 and now he wants a 30-30.
My friend's 8 year old son came along and he was flat out deadly with his .22, James was nailing everything with a 15-22. My son who is 5 just watched, but he loves his toy guns.
The reason I'm writing this is just to remind people to take time to do some shooting. It was a beautiful day and we had a blast for several hours. Good friends, and family, Thats what life is all about ain't it?
My father, and my buddy are not "gun guys", but both of them had a wonderful time. My friend wanted to know if I would take him and his boy hunting sometime this fall.
I just wonder if most of the anti-gun/anti-hunter folks could get the chance to do what we did, if they would change their minds some?
Posted by: Greginva

Re: last Sunday - 10/30/21 08:26 PM

Sounds like a great, safe, and fun day…ya can’t beat that!
Posted by: Rogpog

Re: last Sunday - 12/29/21 08:50 PM

Amen!!!