Inherited firearms PA to VA ?

Posted by: BossGVR4

Inherited firearms PA to VA ? - 02/02/15 05:00 PM

I've read some previous topics on interstate transfer of inherited firearms but nothing that is specifically the same as my situation. Here are teh facts of my particular case:

My Father-In-Law, a PA resident, recently passed. He specifically stated in his will that I receive all his firearms. My Mother-In-Law is the Executress of his will.

I know that I can go to a PA FFL in person and have all the long guns transferred to my name and I can legally move them to my home in VA.

My question is on the 3 handguns in his collection. Is it as easy as having my M-I-L (Executress) take them to a PA dealer and having them shipped to my VA FFL. Where I, in turn, pay and have the VA FFL do the transfer ?
Posted by: rromeo

Re: Inherited firearms PA to VA ? - 02/02/15 05:26 PM

If the will says that you get the guns, then you go to PA and pick them up and take them home, they are now your guns. There is no FFL involvement necessary.
Posted by: num1fordfan

Re: Inherited firearms PA to VA ? - 02/04/15 06:19 PM

Yup go gettem they are yours
Posted by: Mark S

Re: Inherited firearms PA to VA ? - 02/04/15 06:46 PM

Just make sure you follow the rules driving through Maryland, those commie bastages are out to get us.
Posted by: BossGVR4

Re: Inherited firearms PA to VA ? - 02/05/15 03:00 PM

Thanks for the replies ... and I will painfully drive the speed limit from the top of MD to the Wilson bridge.