Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL)

Posted by: KRE610USA

Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL) - 10/11/17 11:42 PM

Are there any Virginia state laws that make it unlawful for an unlicensed seller to personally ship a rifle to an FFL in another state, as opposed to shipping the rifle from a Virginia FFL to the out of state FFL? I have researched this and have not found any info on VA laws that would make this unlawful, but was hoping to get confirmation. Thanks in advance.
Posted by: Cash is King

Re: Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL) - 10/12/17 07:30 AM

Done it many times on 24 Hour Campfire. I personally call the FFL and make sure they are legit and willing to receive (and double verify on-line they are actually an FFL).

Finding a shipper can be tougher. I use USPS in rural areas. Why rural ares? The NOVA/Urban USPS employees HATE GUNS and GUN STUFF.

Stafford, Remington, Catlett, Gloucester etc. (rural) have always know the rules on shipping a gun WITHOUT DRAMA.

Best of luck to you.
Posted by: rromeo

Re: Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL) - 10/17/17 06:11 PM

There are no Federal or Virginia laws that you have to ship from an FFL. Most states do not have laws that way either, but sometimes the receiving FFL wants it to come from an FFL.
Posted by: Mark S

Re: Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL) - 10/19/17 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Cash is King
Done it many times on 24 Hour Campfire. I personally call the FFL and make sure they are legit and willing to receive (and double verify on-line they are actually an FFL).

Finding a shipper can be tougher. I use USPS in rural areas. Why rural ares? The NOVA/Urban USPS employees HATE GUNS and GUN STUFF.

Stafford, Remington, Catlett, Gloucester etc. (rural) have always know the rules on shipping a gun WITHOUT DRAMA.

Best of luck to you.

What Cash said. Always good to make sure the receiving FFL is in the loop before you ship.

Also, good idea that if you have one inbound that your FFL will also receive from an individual if that is the way it is coming.
Posted by: num1fordfan

Re: Unlicensed seller shipping out of state (to FFL) - 10/30/17 04:36 AM

Ffl ez check