Who's Online
11 registered (Richards, jmcdonaldva1, Klinger145, Siggeek, 7 invisible), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1575723 - 12/28/19 01:49 AM Rugby
gobbler Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Prince William
An ad was placed yesterday 12/27/2019 shortly after 12PM by Rugby in the for sale section under AR15. His item was for a Bushmaster Ar15 rifle, plastic case and three 30 round magazines with a asking price of $500.00 CASH.

12:48PM - I came across his ad and responded by sending him a PM asking basic questions and to begin a dialogue regarding the weapon.

2:13PM - I sent him another PM (as I had not heard from him) and stated that I'm not always on the forum and gave him my phone number.

4:18PM - He responds back answering my questions from earlier in the day and advises me that he has increased the price of the weapon, but will honor (or Grandfather his exact words) the original asking price of $500.00 since I was the first serious person to respond.

5:26PM - I sent him a PM and told him I had his cash money and to consider it SOLD.I also asked where in Loudoun county he was located so we could make arrangements to meet this weekend (since that was when he said he would be available to sell it) and complete the transaction.

***Elapsed time between 4:18PM and 5:26PM is 1hour and 8 minutes.***

5:55PM - He sends me a PM that he already sold it.

I have been very fortunate to have met and done business with many fine members on this site without any problems until yesterday. I will leave this to the moderators to handle as they see fit.

#1575832 - 12/28/19 10:09 AM Re: Rugby [Re: gobbler]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM has been sent to Rugby encouraging him to respond. Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1575906 - 12/28/19 12:22 PM Re: Rugby [Re: gobbler]
Rugby Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Loudoun
BobVA,

Thank you for the opportunity to properly respond to the transaction that occurred yesterday. This particular firearm drew the interests of four individuals within the first few hours of the posting, as you can see by viewing my private message board. Gobbler had questions and indicated “interest” but did not commit to the purchase. At the same time, another individual expressed more interest and committed to purchase the firearm. Based on the way messages appear on the message board, his commitment certainly reached me before Gobbler’s did. Once I replied to him, the sale was made.

I look forward to further discussion on the matter and intend to provide negative feedback to Gobbler regarding her communication skills and lack of commitment to the purchase.

Standing by.