Who's Online
3 registered (sig_sr, Rudy42, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1614443 - 03/30/20 10:02 AM Cassie
bjackson13 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fairfax
He had two guns listed to trade. I made a trade offer on one and he countered with the other which I accepted. He said he had a trade pending on the first gun. He said he could meet on Saturday and said it would be best if I could meet him before work. Saturday morning I get up early to meet him at 0630. I get there 15 minutes early, text him telling him I’m there - no response. Text him 10 minutes after the agreed upon time - no response. Thirty minutes after the agreed upon time I text him telling him I’m leaving.
Two hours later I get a text apologizing and saying he overslept, had been working long hours etc. I get it, no problem, things happen and I say I can meet him after he gets off work. He said that should work and he could definitely meet that afternoon. I responded with a possible location that would be about equal distance from his job - no response. Text him shortly before his scheduled time to get off to see if we are still meeting - no response. Send another text an hour later letting him know it was to late to meet and that I was available on Sunday in the afternoon. He replies “That’s awesome. I’m available all day”. He also asked to see pictures of the gun I offered in trade which I promptly send. He replies “Awesome. Thanks.” I responded ”Your welcome“ and where would he like to meet - no response.
Sunday I text him that I am available after I wrapped up my morning project (delivering meals to the homeless). No response. An hour later I text again saying I was available - no response. 45 minutes later I text again and ask what the deal was and are we trading. No response. Finally sent my last text five hours later saying I needed to know if we are dealing or not and if not I was listing my gun for sale. No response.
If a person agrees to a trade you follow through. I grew up in an era where your word meant something. If you change your mind and want to back out of deal man up and say so. Stringing people along is completely inappropriate.
Funniest thing is that since we started communicating, the gun that I originally made a trade offer on and he said he had a trade pending on has been bumped twice.

Edited by bjackson13 (03/30/20 10:05 AM)

#1614745 - 03/30/20 08:18 PM Re: Cassie [Re: bjackson13]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: bjackson13
He had two guns listed to trade. I made a trade offer on one and he countered with the other which I accepted. He said he had a trade pending on the first gun. He said he could meet on Saturday and said it would be best if I could meet him before work. Saturday morning I get up early to meet him at 0630. I get there 15 minutes early, text him telling him I’m there - no response. Text him 10 minutes after the agreed upon time - no response. Thirty minutes after the agreed upon time I text him telling him I’m leaving.
Two hours later I get a text apologizing and saying he overslept, had been working long hours etc. I get it, no problem, things happen and I say I can meet him after he gets off work. He said that should work and he could definitely meet that afternoon. I responded with a possible location that would be about equal distance from his job - no response. Text him shortly before his scheduled time to get off to see if we are still meeting - no response. Send another text an hour later letting him know it was to late to meet and that I was available on Sunday in the afternoon. He replies “That’s awesome. I’m available all day”. He also asked to see pictures of the gun I offered in trade which I promptly send. He replies “Awesome. Thanks.” I responded ”Your welcome“ and where would he like to meet - no response.
Sunday I text him that I am available after I wrapped up my morning project (delivering meals to the homeless). No response. An hour later I text again saying I was available - no response. 45 minutes later I text again and ask what the deal was and are we trading. No response. Finally sent my last text five hours later saying I needed to know if we are dealing or not and if not I was listing my gun for sale. No response.
If a person agrees to a trade you follow through. I grew up in an era where your word meant something. If you change your mind and want to back out of deal man up and say so. Stringing people along is completely inappropriate.
Funniest thing is that since we started communicating, the gun that I originally made a trade offer on and he said he had a trade pending on has been bumped twice.

Pm sent to Cassie for response. Other members are not to respond to this thread.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?