Who's Online
6 registered (Jaycobb, panic788, ZM3L8R, hokieskins, Ramsey, kg23), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1663797 - 08/05/20 07:13 AM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
I think the bigger picture is being overlooked. While I firmly believe that mail in ballots are a wonderful opportunity for the left to absolutely and completely skew the elections, this is not the biggest issue.

I believe that with a few very select exceptions, our Congressmen both on the left and right no longer have our best interests at heart and need to be booted out of there. Not with a Nazi boot or an Antifa boot, but a Patriot boot. The whole system needs to be reworked by good, honest, hardworking Americans. They for the most part no longer stand by us and stand up for us. Us being Americans as a whole, on both sides of the isle. The system has failed us and doesn't work. State's rights are no longer states rights.

No Taxation Without Representation.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1663897 - 08/05/20 05:15 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
Boots,you may not be able to swallow this,but from an old Red to you,bless you.

I want to see TERM LIMITS,AND THEY CAN NOT VOTE THEIR OWN RAISES AND BENIFITS!

A class of professional beuruecrats will ALWAYS vote in their own best interest.Let's see how well they do when they have to be a part of the struggle that most folks deal with daily.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1664420 - 08/07/20 07:38 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
madmanindc Offline
Chairman of the bored

Loc: Fredrick County
City or County: Winchester
What does it take to get term limits? Can it only be done by congress?

#1664424 - 08/07/20 08:43 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: madmanindc]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
From my understanding it is up to each individual state, which is why it has never been adopted. Federal positions can be, but not those determined by individual states.

#1664452 - 08/07/20 11:07 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

City or County: Fairfax
Down with the class of career politicians! Viva la resistance!

#1667345 - 08/20/20 09:33 AM Re: interesting ...... [Re: bustedknee]
Paratus Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Appomattox
Originally Posted By: bustedknee
Originally Posted By: ruckersvillan
....Should go back to poll tax, land ownership etc....

I agree.
Only citizens actually vested in America should be allowed to vote: Home/land owners. those who have served, citizens with a certain amount of time in public-service jobs, or pay a substantial poll tax.
When your vote is worth something your vote will count.

Interesting. I thought I was the only one who wanted skin in the game to be a prerequisite for voting. I agree with your parameters.

#1667468 - 08/20/20 06:46 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
panic788 Online   content
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Alexandria
Quote:

I agree.
Only citizens actually vested in America should be allowed to vote: Home/land owners. those who have served, citizens with a certain amount of time in public-service jobs, or pay a substantial poll tax.

Interesting. I thought I was the only one who wanted skin in the game to be a prerequisite for voting. I agree with your parameters.

If you have more skin in the game, does your vote count more? Like if you own a home, and a vacation home, do you get two votes? How much land ownership equates to a voting right, 1 square foot? 10? an acre? Does one have to own it outright, or if you are still repaying the bank, or maybe in forclosure for defaulting on the mortgage loan, is that good enough? If the property is only titled to you, does your wife not get a vote? I am curious.

If a substantial poll tax, how much of a price do you put on the vote? If the poll tax is $1,000, would you be upset when Soros / Bloomberg pay the tax for people to vote the way they would like against the interests you hold?

#1667715 - 08/21/20 06:44 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

panic,would not bother feeding his ego.

I've seen more people responding to this original post with anger than I expected; and they all want to be LEAD. Sure,they do lip service(double entendre intended) to the present administration.Who wouldn't in the postion they occupy? They live in fear of change and equality,feeling that they are the "
landed gentry " that we strive to rise above from the 18th century.

What are they really afraid of? I know that I will become obsolesctent,pehaps a curious footnote in history.But I try and make things better for the next generation or two.

They do nothing but rail against change.

Save the strength you have for a fight beyond the dull witted pixel zombies that shout catchphrases,our nation needs it.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

#1668396 - 08/24/20 08:06 AM Re: interesting ...... [Re: panic788]
ruckersvillan Offline
Angry Southern Deplorable White Christian Male

City or County: Ruckersville/Greene County
Originally Posted By: panic788
Quote:

I agree.

If you have more skin in the game, does your vote count more? Like if you own a home, and a vacation home, do you get two votes? How much land ownership equates to a voting right, 1 square foot? 10? an acre? Does one have to own it outright, or if you are still repaying the bank, or maybe in forclosure for defaulting on the mortgage loan, is that good enough? If the property is only titled to you, does your wife not get a vote? I am curious.

If a substantial poll tax, how much of a price do you put on the vote? If the poll tax is $1,000, would you be upset when Soros / Bloomberg pay the tax for people to vote the way they would like against the interests you hold?

Some of us are already paying poll tax through the form of higher taxes. Do you really believe that the new immigrant, who is signed up for wix, section 8, assistance on their electric bill, is not voting democratic? Do you really think the 3rd or 4th generation in public housing is going to vote to turn off the money? Every feel good social program is a means to buy votes. Im simply saying that you have to pay to play. Nothing is free. You have to pay to get a driver's license, your ccw, but a vote ( the most powerful tool in a democracy) is free for every derelict, hobo, piece of trash out there.
A prime example, Friday my wife sends me a pic. Greene county sheriff, VA state police have the intersection of rt 33 and 29 at ruckersville blocked, to let BLM protesters March through. It made her dangerously late for work. So sorry old liberals, White's ashamed to be white, dumb **VOTE IN NOVEMBER**, **VOTE IN NOVEMBER** for brains 20 somethings, and overall trash gets a free pass. But contributing members of society are late for work. My wife said that they are worried about BLM what about her job, HER JOB MATTERS. I imagine though that job is a word lost on most liberals, probably don't know the meaning of the word, but hey at least they can vote....

I'll cling to my guns and religion and you can take both from my cold dead hands

We Need To Play Cowboys And Liberals

#1668398 - 08/24/20 08:15 AM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
ruckersvillan Offline

One last thing. The liberal talking point is to always say insane people should not have guns. They are a threat to their communities. So we need more restrictions on guns. Piece of **VOTE IN NOVEMBER** governor Northam and his ilk foam at the mouth saying it. But they never say that the same threat, same insane person should not be allowed to vote....

I'll cling to my guns and religion and you can take both from my cold dead hands

#1668413 - 08/24/20 08:40 AM Re: interesting ...... [Re: Paratus]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

Do you really want a bloomberg vote to be worth more than your own?

What about Jeff Soros, or Zuckerberg. How many of your votes are they worth?

A wealth based system will inevitably favor the wealthy, who will take whatever actions are needed to further secure their wealth.

An economy thrives on currency circulation, not on the mass accumulation by a few individuals, who then pay politicians for more tax exemptions so they can accumulate even more, while paying even less.

I don't support Red or Blue, simply because neither side supports me.

I am not colored enough, not rich enough.

I am not religious enough, and not immoral enough.

Like a vast majority of Americans, especially young Americans, I am forced to vote for the least damaging option.

Trump will continue to give contracts and tax breaks to his friends, while ignoring those outside his tax bracket, Whereas Biden would be a good sock puppet for his party, institute more racist ( I said it) programs to secure his voting bloc, get us into another war, while acting to the detriment OF THOSE UNDER HIS TAX BRACKET!

No matter how I vote I lose.

Also, If I pay taxes, I get to vote. Anything less is tyranny.

#1668526 - 08/24/20 07:07 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: ruckersvillan]
dustydog Offline

but a vote ( the most powerful tool in a democracy) is free for every derelict, hobo, piece of trash out there.
A prime example, Friday my wife sends me a pic. Greene county sheriff, VA state police have the intersection of rt 33 and 29 at ruckersville blocked, to let BLM protesters March through. It made her dangerously late for work. So sorry old liberals, White's ashamed to be white, dumb **VOTE IN NOVEMBER**, **VOTE IN NOVEMBER** for brains 20 somethings, and overall trash gets a free pass. But contributing members of society are late for work. My wife said that they are worried about BLM what about her job, HER JOB MATTERS. I imagine though that job is a word lost on most liberals, probably don't know the meaning of the word, but hey at least they can vote.... [/quote]

Good greif,didn't know you and your WIFE were so hard up that SHE could be worry about losing her job in the trump economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN WE ALL GET TOGETHER AND SEND RUCK A FEW BUCKS TO KEEP THE WOLF FROM THE DOOR? COMEON' SOMEBODY START A GOFUNDME PAGE FOR THE POOR OLD THING!

#1668576 - 08/24/20 09:38 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
ruckersvillan Offline

Lol, thats cute. Its not the fact of losing a job. Its the principle of the matter. They block traffic for deadbeats and parasites and inconvenience working folks. Do you not see the irony? If your supposed to be at work at a certain time you should be there. It all comes down to principle, something you liberals apparently lack. (common sense too....)

#1668593 - 08/24/20 11:19 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: ruckersvillan]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

I think you generalize about the demographics currently "protesting".

I also believe that they should not be blocking public highways, and should be charged collectively for harassing motorists.

But you and they share one thing that binds you. You are first and foremost an American citizen, and with that comes certain rights and privileges which should not be infringed upon.

I believe passionately that the vote is what makes our republic what it is, and support giving felons (depending on rap sheet) the right to vote 5 years after completing their sentence. I think that having a say increases someones investment in a system and a community.

I have known good criminals and bad cops, I treat them first as people.

#1668724 - 08/25/20 02:18 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: ruckersvillan]
panic788 Online   content
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Alexandria
Originally Posted By: ruckersvillan
Lol, thats cute. Its not the fact of losing a job. Its the principle of the matter. They block traffic for deadbeats and parasites and inconvenience working folks. Do you not see the irony? If your supposed to be at work at a certain time you should be there. It all comes down to principle, something you liberals apparently lack. (common sense too....)

There is so much to unpack here. It smacks of not liking and wanting to ban a thing because you don't like it, not because it is bad. Do you consider a group of police officers blocking traffic at intersections because of a funeral procession blocking traffic for deadbeats and parasites too? Is it the rest of the universes concern that someone did not prioritize things to fit around someone else's small world view? It isn't that liberals lack principal, just that it doesn't align with what you have deemed correct for yourself.

#1668819 - 08/25/20 09:55 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Blocking traffic for a funeral is respectful, blocking traffic and interfering with hard working folks trying to make a living is wrong. Do your protesting but dont interfere with folks trying to make a living or maybe having an emergency, and dont pull old folks out of their vehicles and beat the hell out of them

#1668967 - 08/26/20 05:10 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
How long does a funeral procession take to go by, maybe 2 minutes for a long one?

#1668968 - 08/26/20 05:17 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

City or County: Goochland
Wow, someone really has gone full RETARD in comparing a funeral procession going by is the same as lazy, worthless, freeloading terrorists blocking traffic!

Charles.

#1669053 - 08/26/20 11:09 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: Newgunguy]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

Ouch. We have a macys day parade every year. Approved events get police support. Its the way it has always been. Look at the pro 2A marchs in texas. They got police blockades and protection too.

Also, I take exception with your use of terrorist to describe looters, protesters, and demonstrators. That is a term that has been heavily abused since 9/11, describing everything from a haji mass shooter, to organized crime, to now looters.

I call looters looters. Or even pirates. Criminals to be sure. Not terrorists.

And before I get called out for being a snowflake libtard democrap, while I may lean on the moderate side of things, I regret to report no better ticket then 4 more years. Vote with your heart, yoir obligations, and treat your your fellow americans as you would like to be treated, as equal under the flag. Amen.

#1669069 - 08/27/20 06:12 AM Re: interesting ...... [Re: JBaccheus]
dustydog Offline

....... regret to report no better ticket then 4 more years. Vote with your heart, yoir obligations, and treat your your fellow americans as you would like to be treated, as equal under the flag. Amen. [/quote]

............well,the pattern would be predictable, to say the least.

Anybody else planning on signing up for online classes in Russian,Chinese(Mandarin),and Korean(Northern variant) if he wins?

#1669322 - 08/27/20 10:58 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

Ive already been learning Russian, rewatched red dawn 20 times.

Holy crap trump sounds presidential tonight.

#1669325 - 08/27/20 11:06 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: JBaccheus]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: JBaccheus
Ouch. We have a macys day parade every year. Approved events get police support. Its the way it has always been. Look at the pro 2A marchs in texas. They got police blockades and protection too.

ter·ror·ist
/&#712;ter&#601;r&#601;st/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
"four commercial aircraft were hijacked by terrorists"
Similar:
bomber
arsonist
incendiary
gunman
assassin
desperado
hijacker
revolutionary
radical
guerrilla
urban guerrilla
subversive
anarchist
freedom fighter
insurrectionist
insurrectionary
adjective
unlawfully using violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Also, I take exception with your use of terrorist to describe looters, protesters, and demonstrators. That is a term that has been heavily abused since 9/11, describing everything from a haji mass shooter, to organized crime, to now looters.

I call looters looters. Or even pirates. Criminals to be sure. Not terrorists.

And before I get called out for being a snowflake libtard democrap, while I may lean on the moderate side of things, I regret to report no better ticket then 4 more years. Vote with your heart, yoir obligations, and treat your your fellow americans as you would like to be treated, as equal under the flag. Amen.

So then what do you call blocking public right of ways, intimidating people while eating, destroying and steal from businesses that have nothing to do with what ever garbage that one is mad about? Oh yeah that is terrorism.

Charles.

#1669327 - 08/27/20 11:28 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: Newgunguy]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

As I already said:

"I call looters looters. Or even pirates. Criminals to be sure. Not terrorists."

Intimidation, Arson, violence... crimes that are to neither be excused or pardoned. But do you mean to tell me that you think that every single person demonstrating on the streets is a violent criminal?

I happen to believe that there are multiple groups out there. From Church groups, to Community Organizers. From firefighters, to even some members of the Police who think that there has been enough escalation on both sides. And from antifa wannabe commies, to sturmtrupping nazi wannabes who Ironically enough, potentially wouldn't be considered Aryan, or even white by their claimed idols.

There are good people and bad people, bad people doing good things, and good people doing bad things. It is often hard to see what side you are on, as the illusionary waters grow ever murkier.

#1669328 - 08/27/20 11:30 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: Newgunguy]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

P.s. For short, Terrorism is an overused term, people have different motives, criminals are still criminal.

#1669382 - 08/28/20 09:11 AM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

P.S. I gave you the exact liberal definition of the term "terrorism" and yet YOU still can't comprehend that!

Charles.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >