Who's Online
8 registered (adv_rider, Thatguy3369, Waterspreader20, warrenlm, Teaglet, Apple a Day, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1678207 - 09/27/20 07:49 PM burkeman
BTGendron Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fairfax
As the title states, might want to use caution when dealing with this dude. Led me on all day, negotiating prices, scheduled meet up times, exchanged numbers and as you can see in the chat, was very odd. Ended up a no show, wouldn’t answer phone, and then bumped his item again here in the for sale... sounds like a scam or something!

MOD EDIT: HAD TO DELETE 2ND PIC BECAUSE IT HAD MEMBER'S PHONE NUMBER. COVER THE PHONE NUMBER IF YOU PUT THE PIC BACK UP. ALSO CORRECTED SUBJECT LINE FOR MEMBER'S NAME.

Attachments
F51AFE2B-0C7F-46D0-913F-BF64FF15F083.png

Edited by the cwa (09/27/20 09:24 PM)

#1678304 - 09/28/20 10:23 AM Re: burkeman [Re: BTGendron]
burkeman Offline
Gun fool

Loc: NoVa
Thank you, BTGendron, for the “spirited” feedback; and thank you, Moderator "The CWA", for your diligence in policing such things. I have to confess to an error in judgment on my part for even engaging in discussion of a potential transaction with a newbee (joined VGT this past Saturday and went full-court press with me to buy ammo yesterday (Sunday)). That’s on me. I’m also guilty of being gullible in allowing myself to drop the price one iota from an already very fair price after his pleading. Things got shakier when he texted me wanting to pay with PayPal or similar digital platforms rather than the normal cash transaction and pressed to meet for a sale that very day regardless of time of day. BTW, I was never a “no show” because we never locked in the deal, though I appreciate he wanted to use this to try to build a case. We exchanged texts but then he claimed in a VGT PM that “Messaged but haven’t heard anything”. Taking all this into account, taking into account his seemingly desperate eagerness to buy ammo and total absence of a VGT track record, I finally concluded that this was not a good idea, unfortunately wasting his time as well as mine...I apologize for that. So, while I can be criticized for ever responding to his initial overture, in the end I think I did what’s in the best interest this forum and possibly the public. This individual’s integrity is further displayed in that when he posted our PM exchange in his feedback, he blocked out his phone # yet left mine in. Thank you again, Mr. Moderator, for your service!

I suggest that VGT members also look at my long record of participation and feedback, compare it to that of this newbee's "body of work" (zero) and draw you own conclusions. At the end of the day, I hope my experience with this individual is instructive to my fellow VGTers and I hope BTGendron finds what he needs. And thanks again, Moderator.

#1678468 - 09/28/20 03:59 PM Re: burkeman [Re: burkeman]
BTGendron Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
Thank you for your long and drawn out response to this matter, however it is contradicting in your methodology on multiple accounts. First... the future is now old man, and people pay by means of virtual methods on almost every platform for almost every transaction. It is 2020, in case you lost track of the times. I don't know you, and you don't know me, so protecting myself and not showing up to a blind visit with large amounts of cash, is called security and protection. Second... You were the one who proposed a time of 7pm to meet, TWICE! So why is it that it seems suspicious that someone would want a swift and painless transaction? Are you the type of person who visits stores over and over, kicking tires until you finally decide to make a purchase? Perhaps they should kick you out of the store and deny your purchase because you want an item same day. Makes zero sense. Third... you decide to deny a "new member" a sale simply because of the amount of posts someone has... what? How are you supposed to build credibility and status among the group under your methodology? If you deny sales to new individuals, but don't sell / engage with new individuals... how do you suppose they build reputation...?

I am an avid shooter, collector, and hobbyist of firearms and things in the like. I've got over 20k rounds and was simply looking to add to the lot. This hurts nobody but yourself, and your shady and contradicting sales practice will hinder you moving into the future. If you would like to re-consider, I am available and you have my number. GLWS.

#1678473 - 09/28/20 04:27 PM Re: burkeman [Re: BTGendron]
burkeman Offline
Gun fool

Loc: NoVa
Old man indeed. Best wishes.