Who's Online
3 registered (Ccurtis8891, tekeve, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1680194 - 10/04/20 05:19 PM Fort Eustis
Pokey Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fairfax County
I may have a job moving me to Fort Eustis. I'm wondering if anybody on here works or has worked there and knows what the place is like to work at? Also looking for best places to live and shooting ranges in the area. Any help would be appreciated.

#1680231 - 10/04/20 06:52 PM Re: Fort Eustis [Re: Pokey]
tspike Offline
God save the Republic

Loc: VA
City or County: York
I live close to Ft Eustis and have had several neighbors work there and they all enjoyed it. The main road (Ft Eustis Blvd) into the base is being worked on and is down to one lane in each direction and traffic has become quite a pain and it's not scheduled to be completed until Dec 2021. As far as where to live. Well 30yrs ago anyplace close to the base was a good choice, but now I would suggest York county/Grafton area. As far as shooting ranges, there is Lafayette Gun Club (requires a sponsor) which has indoor and outdoor ranges, The Marksman indoor (pistol caliber only), and I'm sure there are more in the area.
I would strongly suggest that you find a place to live outside of the city of Newport News.

#1680323 - 10/05/20 06:44 AM Re: Fort Eustis [Re: Pokey]
Pokey Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fairfax County
Thanks for the heads up.