Who's Online
12 registered (boogerhook, DBak3r93, spaatz11, Minh, bigbill22657, Seraph1926, 1911Guncrazy, njmdoza, dcarms, cvo springer, GeorgeIII, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1712222 - 01/08/21 09:58 AM Budget Quality AR Accessories
oodles-of-noodles Offline
Full Auto

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Fairfax
Alright. Times are tough right now. It is hard to get stuff aside from getting deals on it. Have any of you come across some quality budget AR parts lately? Clone parts? Chinese, Korean, Russian parts that have surprised you in do 80% of the job?

I have come across some items that do the job for cheap. They probably won't come back from a warzone but it works for a range toy or plinking/practice.

I tested out some Chinese polymer rails from Vector Optics that have performed great.

I have also found clone ambi selectors and hand stops that do the job as well as the real things.

Other suggestions welcome.
"Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost." Heinlein

#1712270 - 01/08/21 12:22 PM Re: Budget Quality AR Accessories [Re: oodles-of-noodles]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Just kinda food for thought here but quality and budget don't really go together. You can have one but not the other. Kinda like labor. Cheap labor isn't skilled, skilled labor isn't cheap.

Having said that, it'd help a lot to know what exactly you are looking for so you can receive a specific answer. If you are just looking for range fodder LITTERALLY anything is fine since you aren't trusting your life to a range toy. If it needs to be tougher than that but still not absurdly expensive, we'll need more details.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1719536 - 01/26/21 04:46 PM Re: Budget Quality AR Accessories [Re: oodles-of-noodles]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
I'm putting a budget AR thru its paces with a budget scope (Vector Optics).

With 55 grain steel wolf on a bench rest Grouping was 4 or 5 inches....pretty bad.

A buddy ran it and got the same group. And this is with a really nice trigger.

It goes bang and there is some room for improvement but that's about 2x the group you'd get from a good AR with that type of ammo.

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me