Who's Online
5 registered (Wal24, Daddyo73, Walthergobrrr, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1985290 - 02/24/23 09:15 PM zachz
Zamber8420 Offline
Addicted

Loc: VA
City or County: Springfield
NIGHTMARE!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH!!! DO NOT TRUST!!! VERY INCOMPETENT!!!

SITUATION:
zachz asked to purchase my G43X + tons of extras. After minimal negotiation, I told him that I had a lot of interest but would agree to his price (a huge $100 discount off of asking) in return to meet at an FFL/time of my choosing and for him to cover his own transfer fees -- he agreed to Sharpshooters, Friday (two days later), at noon. I texted to confirm the location/time the day before, he again confirms, then shortly and suddenly backs out because the transfer fees are 'too high'. Note that he did mention he could cover half of the fees, but this goes against the initial agreement -- my place/time for the discount. Anyhow, we then agreed to meet Sunday (two days later) at 11:30 AM at Outdoor Arms and he booked the appointment. After confirming, he mentions the caveat that he is coaching a tournament and he will text me when he leaves because he doesn't know what to expect -- I don't really know what his statement meant, but I expect that I'm dealing with responsible adults being on a firearms website. At 11:52 AM (20 minutes after the scheduled appointment he scheduled) he lets me know that the tournament is running behind. I tell him to check with Outdoor Arms that if it's possible to meet at some point later that day. He replies asking to meet on a Tuesday morning. I told him that I can again do a Friday at Sharpshooters or the weekend at Outdoor Arms due to work/family. I still haven't received a reply and it is now a week later.

UPDATE#1:
A WEEK LATER ON 2/25 – Zachz reached back out to me (I paused negative feedback; give the benefit of the doubt) asking to meet on Sunday 2/26 (the next day). I agreed to meet, then zachz had the most specific meeting time ever – a tiny 3 hour window – some back and forth and I agreed to meet at a time in HIS window at noon (which was inconvenient for me; but he absolutely couldn't meet me in the middle -- even just 30 minutes outside of his window), and then he once again he ghosted!!!

UPDATE#2:
On 2/26 -- zachz texts me to tell me he obviously wants the gun. I tell him OK, let me know by Tuesday what time he has booked at outdoor arms for the upcoming weekend and that anything can work. Ghosted once me again (for what, 4th time?). Still, I followed up anyhow on Friday (really for fun to see how sad/incompetent this dude is) and he still wanted to meet this weekend at outdoor arms. He said anytime can work this weekend, I told him OK anytime this weekend for me as well -- BOOK IT and let me know!! Ghosted for the 5th time...

REASONING:
I REPEAT: NIGHTMARE!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH!!! DO NOT TRUST!!! VERY INCOMPETENT!!!

P.S. MODS, if there is any contradictory information, I'm happy to upload screenshots of the text message exchange.

Edit: formatting of bold/italics

Edited by Zamber8420 (03/05/23 09:03 PM)

#1993450 - 03/21/23 08:47 PM Re: zachz [Re: Zamber8420]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: Zamber8420
NIGHTMARE!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH!!! DO NOT TRUST!!! VERY INCOMPETENT!!!

SITUATION:
zachz asked to purchase my G43X + tons of extras. After minimal negotiation, I told him that I had a lot of interest but would agree to his price (a huge $100 discount off of asking) in return to meet at an FFL/time of my choosing and for him to cover his own transfer fees -- he agreed to Sharpshooters, Friday (two days later), at noon. I texted to confirm the location/time the day before, he again confirms, then shortly and suddenly backs out because the transfer fees are 'too high'. Note that he did mention he could cover half of the fees, but this goes against the initial agreement -- my place/time for the discount. Anyhow, we then agreed to meet Sunday (two days later) at 11:30 AM at Outdoor Arms and he booked the appointment. After confirming, he mentions the caveat that he is coaching a tournament and he will text me when he leaves because he doesn't know what to expect -- I don't really know what his statement meant, but I expect that I'm dealing with responsible adults being on a firearms website. At 11:52 AM (20 minutes after the scheduled appointment he scheduled) he lets me know that the tournament is running behind. I tell him to check with Outdoor Arms that if it's possible to meet at some point later that day. He replies asking to meet on a Tuesday morning. I told him that I can again do a Friday at Sharpshooters or the weekend at Outdoor Arms due to work/family. I still haven't received a reply and it is now a week later.

UPDATE#1:
A WEEK LATER ON 2/25 – Zachz reached back out to me (I paused negative feedback; give the benefit of the doubt) asking to meet on Sunday 2/26 (the next day). I agreed to meet, then zachz had the most specific meeting time ever – a tiny 3 hour window – some back and forth and I agreed to meet at a time in HIS window at noon (which was inconvenient for me; but he absolutely couldn't meet me in the middle -- even just 30 minutes outside of his window), and then he once again he ghosted!!!

UPDATE#2:
On 2/26 -- zachz texts me to tell me he obviously wants the gun. I tell him OK, let me know by Tuesday what time he has booked at outdoor arms for the upcoming weekend and that anything can work. Ghosted once me again (for what, 4th time?). Still, I followed up anyhow on Friday (really for fun to see how sad/incompetent this dude is) and he still wanted to meet this weekend at outdoor arms. He said anytime can work this weekend, I told him OK anytime this weekend for me as well -- BOOK IT and let me know!! Ghosted for the 5th time...

REASONING:
I REPEAT: NIGHTMARE!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH!!! DO NOT TRUST!!! VERY INCOMPETENT!!!

P.S. MODS, if there is any contradictory information, I'm happy to upload screenshots of the text message exchange.

Edit: formatting of bold/italics

MESSAGE SENT TO zachz FOR RESPONSE. OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT TO RESPOND HERE.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?