Who's Online
10 registered (pgraber, just bill, losingle, Andylev05, ken792, carcanowithsause, harley, Cstrong, 2 invisible), 9 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2067963 - 11/19/23 11:55 AM Okay commercial FFLs, here's your chance to explain...
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
Why are the majority of commercial (store) FFLs charging such ridiculous fees for doing private transfers? You are the only legal way Virginians have to buy/sell/trade with other citizens but we are hammered with your high fees. I understand that doing PTP transfers takes up your time, I get it. Having folks come to your shop to do the PTP transfer should be your opportunity to also interest them in items you have for sale. That said, I'm not stepping foot in another shop that charges $20+ for me to be able to exercise my rights, legally.

Freedom Services & Training (Mechanicsville) went from $15 to $40 since earlier this year.
Patriot Gun Supply (Toano) went from $25 to $37

#2067985 - 11/19/23 12:46 PM Re: Okay commercial FFLs, here's your chance to explain... [Re: ktyhawk]
hkprofection Offline
NO COMPROMISE

Loc: VA
City or County: Hanover
Preach

#2068090 - 11/19/23 07:21 PM Re: Okay commercial FFLs, here's your chance to explain... [Re: ktyhawk]
w.parker Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Culpeper
City or County: culpeper
My local gun shop does not take advantage of the opportunity to randomly gouge, so I would like to give a strong shout out to Battlefield Firearms located at Rt. 3 and Rt. 20 in Orange County. Frank and Maria are awesome and they will treat you right !!!!

#2068169 - 11/20/23 08:17 AM Re: Okay commercial FFLs, here's your chance to explain... [Re: w.parker]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
Please feel free to post up shops who are keeping transfer fees reasonable; like $20 and under....

#2068234 - 11/20/23 11:37 AM Re: Okay commercial FFLs, here's your chance to explain... [Re: ktyhawk]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Winchester
A FTF transfer takes up less time than an actual sale...two people walk in, fill out paperwork, you make the call and provided the purchaser isn't delayed, the dealer/FFL is done.

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)

#2072045 - 12/03/23 11:28 AM Re: Okay commercial FFLs, here's your chance to explain... [Re: ktyhawk]
Robert2888 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: WestMoreland
City or County: Colonial Beach
GFR Enterprise in Fredericksburg is the go to spot for private transfers. 12$ for anyone ever involved in public service and 17$ for the rest. Quick and easy, I can’t say enough good about the place. I have even ended up purchasing consignment guns from them while in there for the transfer, as they have a large and ever changing inventory of used and consignment offerings.

#2077407 - 12/20/23 09:49 AM Re: Okay commercial FFLs, here's your chance to explain... [Re: ktyhawk]
Chingon Offline
I know my first name is Bert.

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Prince William
If I had to take a guess, because it takes away resources from their business. The time it takes to fill out, process, and call in the paperwork may not take forever for most folks, is money. It takes away from other paying customers who are looking to pick something up that day. Let's not EVEN talk about receiving, storing, and logging in shipments which hold the FFL accountable.

I don't like it, but I understand it. Besides, blame the state, not the FFL. FFLs are in business to make money. If we don't like the transfer fees, then buy direct from the FFL and vote the dummies out of office.

Edited by Chingon (12/27/23 10:48 AM)

#2077698 - 12/21/23 10:51 AM Re: Okay commercial FFLs, here's your chance to explain... [Re: w.parker]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
Originally Posted By: w.parker
My local gun shop does not take advantage of the opportunity to randomly gouge, so I would like to give a strong shout out to Battlefield Firearms located at Rt. 3 and Rt. 20 in Orange County. Frank and Maria are awesome and they will treat you right !!!!

Yup - they are a great place to do transfers and have a good selection of new guns.

Ask Youngkin & Miyares why they haven't declared the Dem passed UBC law unconstitutional and unenforceable.

Edited by nvcdl (12/21/23 10:53 AM)

#2080028 - 12/29/23 09:23 PM Re: Okay commercial FFLs, here's your chance to explain... [Re: ktyhawk]
Mw7113 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Virginia
City or County: QUANTICO
FFLs charge what they do because its alot more work with crap margins then people think. 2 people walk in I check both IDs get the gun checked in then walk them though paperwork and submit it. Provided the person knows what they are doing and doesnt mess up, they always do, this takes 20-30 min of my time if not more. time that could be spent helping someone with something that turns a substantially bigger profit for less work. counting the back end work to check in the gun and log it you are looking at an hour of labor minimum. Thats the reason transfer fees are what they are and quite frankly as much as i hate them i wouldnt mind them being higher to justify the work put in

Edited by Mw7113 (01/05/24 06:03 PM)

#2081916 - 01/05/24 01:55 AM Re: Okay commercial FFLs, here's your chance to explain... [Re: ktyhawk]
asilcot Offline
Addicted

Loc: VA
City or County: Danville
Riverside Pawn in Danville (two locations) is $15 for private transfers and $25 for receiving from an FFL.