Who's Online
13 registered (mill, Tan41, Davester, Ayal, jschmied, Dynarider84, fishtanker, Tylerjb4, Hobbez84, 4 invisible), 8 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2099520 - 02/26/24 08:30 AM Kevinlee93 left me a bit disappointed.
1fastsnake Offline
Bolt action

Loc: VA
City or County: Smithfield
https://vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2092215/Marlin_jm_stamp_45/70#Post2092215

I purchased the linked rifle from Kevin this past Friday. He texted me pics upon request, and when asked how the gun shot I got the "IDK I haven't shot it" response. He agreed to meet on a designated day, but wanted to leave the rifle with his chosen FFL at first. I declined that, as I expect the seller of a firearm to be present at a dealing. So he re-scheduled the meet at a reputable FFL dealer's store. I agreed, and purchased new snap caps to use for firearm inspection purposes on site, knowing that I would not be allowed or comfortable cycling live rounds in the firearm inside a dealer's store. Both of us arrived on-time, and when I used the snap caps to check the rifle, it did show some signs of trouble closing on a chambered cartridge. I took note of that and worked the firearm a couple more times and got the bolt to close and the snap cap to eject. So, I payed what he was asking in his post as agreed without any flaking. He was basically silent at our meeting with regard to the rifle he was selling and the trouble that he was also able to witness with the snap caps. I left with the rifle after my legal transfer was completed, and took it out the following day only to find that it would not chamber live rounds any better than the snap caps, if not worse. I was able to remove the lever, and bolt and found that the extractor was buggered/altered and was the source of the issues. I was able to fire single rounds without the extractor installed and manually remove fired cases without any further issues.

So, I texted him all of the aforementioned the day after the sale, and ASKED (not demanded) if he would be willing to reimburse me for the price of an OEM replacement extractor, and my time/labor. I provided him with receipt proof of purchase for the $27 extractor and ASKED if he thought a total of $50 was an agreeable reimbursement. His response was that I inspected and bought the rifle (TRUE) and that it was a similar risk comparable to purchasing a used vehicle.

So that's the story. I do not wish to drag him through mud here, as I can see that he has some good feedback on his profile, and in the end I am confident that I have a rifle that will function when I receive and install a new part. However, I do not personally use this forum as a "USED CAR SALESMAN LOT" and prefer not do sell any weapons myself without acknowledging any issues to a prospective purchaser.

I can see that Kevin has an active post on a Savage bolt action in which he self identifies a mechanical issue with the safety (straightforward and honorable). So I am not sure why this firearm sale wet differently. I did not attempt to haggle him on his posted asking price, as he had the rifle listed in "excellent shape" (see post link). It's my expectation that when a seller lists and item as "in excellent shape" that it is in such condition, or at a minimum completely mechanically functional.

I see as of writing this that he has an active post for a used car, ironically enough. I guess my takeaway is that some sellers think of the VAGT as a used car lot.

Kevin, in closing, my request would be that in the future you fully test/inspect any firearm you list on the VAGT, OR place an up front disclaimer in your post indicating that you have in no way shape or form inspected/tested the firearm you are listing for sale.

Thanks VAGT.

#2103071 - 03/07/24 08:51 PM Re: Kevinlee93 left me a bit disappointed. [Re: 1fastsnake]
Kevinlee93 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: King william
I find this funny honestly. U fondled the gun ran caps through and purchased a used firearms I stated I had never fired bc I hadn’t I got it from another member here and it sat. It was a killer deal regardless for a quick sale it just baffles me some people. Ur the very first person to ever leave me negative feedback. I have become FRIENDS with dozens of members. Maybe u should stick to buying new firearms. If there was an issue known I would have stated as I always have and actually the only gun Iv ever had a known issue was the savage and it sold and the guy had it fixed and loves it! He’s been on this sight for 13 years good luck guy

#2103074 - 03/07/24 08:56 PM Re: Kevinlee93 left me a bit disappointed. [Re: 1fastsnake]
Kevinlee93 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: King william
Also the older gentleman that owns toano general giggled when the snap cap didn’t come out bc when u tried ejected u pushed lever down with no force as needed to eject is why the cartridge stayed in the receiver and u had to turn to side to fall out the very next try it shot out on floor when u did it correctly so I really don’t understand what ur insinuating in this post. I will warn everyone I deal with to not do business with someone like u. I’m honorable and a good guy that takes pride in my firearms, so once again stick to buying new guns dude. If I knew of an issue or even felt I needed to make it right I would have sent u money but whatever u had issues with was not in my control. Period.