Who's Online
14 registered (slowrx, powderfinger37, Seth___105, kilroymcb, mike4570, spaatz11, hottspyder, enkrates9, pheebo, Jake3, 28PercentAPRMustang, red3, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2102888 - 03/07/24 10:59 AM F/S Load Development Targets
barm Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Winchester
How many of you have wanted a better target for handloading tests or experimentation with various factory loads? I have tried a bunch of them and they always leave me wanting something different. I decided to make my own and I thought I would share with anyone else who would like to try them. Here is what I wanted to accomplish and I think I did:

*Whether it is 17 cal or 50 cal you should see your bullet holes in the paper. The blue color of the diamonds and the black lines will not interfere with finding a bullet hole on this target. No excessive writing to block anything. Make notes in the margins or write on the target when you are finished.

*The paper I am using is thick enough to allow nice clean holes in the paper for measuring groups and won't wrinkle easily. You can also use a hole punch and store them in a 3 ring binder for reference.

*The paper is 8.5x11 which will fit on every target stand and it makes it easier for storage should you want to hold onto the paper target.

*Diamonds of varying size allow for more precise aiming. Diamonds (measuring inside of the blue) are approximately 0.5", .75", 1", 1.5", 1.75", 2.0", 3.0", and 3.8".

*There is no reason you can't shoot good groups with a scope with lower magnification. Match your reticle and magnification to the correct diamond. Picking the right size may vary depending on your scope's magnification, reticle size/thickness, resolution and your eyesight.

*The black lines above the diamond on some targets are approximately 1" wide and approximately 1.5" and 2" above the center of the diamond. This is a reference for sight-in should you want to make a scope adjustment.

I am selling in sheets of 10. Choose any 10 targets for $5.00 or 20 targets for $10.00, etc. plus shipping. Shipping will be in a protected envelope and will go through USPS Ground/First Class. The shipping should cost between $4 and $8 depending on where you live. I can get you a shipping quote.

0.5" and .75"

1.0" and 1.5"

1.75" and 2.0"

3.0" and 3.8
"

#2103696 - 03/09/24 03:44 PM Re: F/S Load Development Targets [Re: barm]
barm Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Winchester
I can also ship media mail and save on the shipping costs.