Who's Online
4 registered (Plankton, farmkid, Richmond87, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2124763 - 05/15/24 03:04 PM WTS - Vintage 90s Phrobis International Marto Spain US M9 Bayonet & BUCK USA Scabbard - $900
komet45 Offline
Oddball

Loc: Virginia, United States
City or County: Richmond
This Vintage 90s Phrobis International Marto Spain US M9 Bayonet & BUCK USA Scabbard is in very good, clean condition overall and only shows mild signs of age and handling.

The blade's ricasso is stamped on both sides, "U. S. A. PAT. NO. 4, 821, 356" and "M9." While not marked, the blade was most likely made in Spain for Phrobis by Marto. Typical Marto produced blades are marked with the company's name under the "M9" stamp however some very late production pieces were left unmarked. The blade's original factory edge appears to be intact and the cutting surface is clean. Light traces of scabbard wear are present but no evidence of abuse or neglect can be detected. All other metal hardware is clean and appears to function exactly as you would expect. The green Zytel grip is also clean with no signs of damage or wear present. The scabbard is clearly marked "BUCK" and appears to be a commercial example. The original utility pouch and sharpening stone are both present and function as expected. The sharpening stone shows no evidence of use. The Bianchi belt clip is clean and shows no obvious signs of damage of wear from use. The Fastex buckle is dated 1993, most likely indicating the era of production for the rest of the scabbard. All nylon retention straps and present, clean and function as intended. This scabbard does not appear to be original to the blade as some Marto made examples lack the Bianchi belt clip.

These M9 bayonets were produced in a transitional period during which Buck parted ways with Phrobis and "unmarked" Marto made blades like this one were only made for a very short time, from late 1992 until early 1993, making them some of the most difficult variations to find. This example would make a fine addition to any advanced US edged weapons collection and would be difficult to upgrade. $900 OBO

Attachments
IMG_4912 (3).JPG

IMG_4913 (2).JPG

IMG_4915 (2).JPG

IMG_4916 (3).JPG

IMG_4932 (3).JPG

#2132514 - 06/11/24 03:35 PM Re: WTS - Vintage 90s Phrobis International Marto Spain US M9 Bayonet & BUCK USA Scabbard - $1000 [Re: komet45]
komet45 Offline
Oddball

Bump - Price Drop

#2139366 - 07/06/24 03:24 PM Re: WTS - Vintage 90s Phrobis International Marto Spain US M9 Bayonet & BUCK USA Scabbard - $1000 [Re: komet45]
komet45 Offline
Oddball

Bump - Price Drop

#2140807 - 07/11/24 03:21 PM Re: WTS - Vintage 90s Phrobis International Marto Spain US M9 Bayonet & BUCK USA Scabbard - $1000 [Re: komet45]
komet45 Offline
Oddball

Bump - Price Drop - Will have this knife at the Richmond Gun Show this weekend

#2146524 - 08/01/24 01:53 PM Re: WTS - Vintage 90s Phrobis International Marto Spain US M9 Bayonet & BUCK USA Scabbard - $1000 [Re: komet45]
komet45 Offline
Oddball

Bump - Price Drop