Who's Online
11 registered (ttran, Spare, 1DEUCE, Greginva, Bravo6, rubbercityrebel, Searaycapt, rollon, 3 invisible), 6 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#910205 - 06/13/15 07:46 AM Re: Squirrel hunters? [Re: Limbchicken]
volfan59 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: New Castle, Virginia
City or County: Craig
That's funny. Have seen several black snakes and am always grateful they are around. I hike and scout a lot and can't begin to count the number of bears I have encountered. Not to mention while hunting. One area in particular where my group camps in deer season seems to have more bears than deer! One raided my cherry tree at least three nights last week. The pic is of a sow my daughter and I encountered while squirrel hunting last Fall. She and her two fairly large cubs were up a tree munching acorns. She gave us the evil eye before departing. The second is a territorial marking tree in the same are. Yes, that's well above my head!

Attachments
IMG_0295.JPG

2013-09-05_11-06-32_858.jpg

#944860 - 09/08/15 08:05 AM Re: Squirrel hunters? [Re: Limbchicken]
volfan59 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: New Castle, Virginia
City or County: Craig
Went to the National Forest on a scouting trip yesterday. Saw several squirrels. They were cutting hickory. No evidence of acorns where I went. Had a couple of bears walk in on me. Becoming commonplace. May chase bushytails after it cools off some next week. Anybody been out yet?

#945159 - 09/08/15 09:12 PM Re: Squirrel hunters? [Re: Limbchicken]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Still too hot for me, I prefer to wait until after a good frost for skwerls. Less chance of infestation.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#949621 - 09/21/15 04:20 PM Re: Squirrel hunters? [Re: Limbchicken]
Limbchicken Offline
Marksman

City or County: New Kent
I haven't gone out for em yet, But I have been up in their world...

Attachments
image.jpg

image.jpg

#965925 - 11/03/15 06:31 PM Re: Squirrel hunters? [Re: Limbchicken]
Limbchicken Offline
Marksman

City or County: New Kent
Nailed two today. They both had wolves. Darn warm weather we've been having. First squirrels of the season though.

#965968 - 11/03/15 07:56 PM Re: Squirrel hunters? [Re: Limbchicken]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

City or County: Prince George,23842
Yeah, hasn't been cold enough for long enough. I won't shoot em till after a couple good hard freezes. Seen a few too, they always hang around the treestand when I'm looking for deer. laugh

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2