Who's Online
10 registered (BSA1944, Matt69, TheCollector30, VAsentinel, MaCWG, DCFD4, 4 invisible), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#868104 - 03/07/15 03:07 AM Ak47 WASR 10 fouling
Mike63 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Locust Grove
Hi, my AK keeps misfiring/feeding/ejecting (you name it, it does it all) every few rounds. The gun is cleaned and I am shooting Tula. I have Tapco mags that I'll only load out to 20 rounds. Are there known issues I should be looking for? Also note, with my 5 round mag 9x's out of 10, I get no fouling. When I do it's a stovepipe. I have the original metal mag as well & it happens in this as well, just not as bad.

When it does fire the rounds eject 3-5 yards.

Thanks in advance! Mike

#868538 - 03/07/15 10:17 PM Re: Ak47 WASR 10 fouling [Re: Mike63]
lawman90 Offline
HK's, AK's

Loc: Fairfax, VA
City or County: Fairfax County
Stovepipe is usually an ejection issue, and sometimes the rifle not getting enough gas (undersized gas port maybe). The ejector is the little piece that sticks out from the left side of the receiver and looks almost like those old military can openers.

Picture for reference:

Note: that picture is from a topic where the rifle is having issues as well and the ejector is out of spec.

I'd hate to blame the magazines since they seem to feed right, correct?

Edited by lawman90 (03/09/15 07:02 AM)

#868747 - 03/08/15 01:17 PM Re: Ak47 WASR 10 fouling [Re: Mike63]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
First, Tapco mags have given me nothing but grief for both my AK and AR. My typical experience with them is a double feed. As mentioned above, those are good places to check but it could be a number of problems. I would also check the extractor grove to see if dirty or movement is too tight or loose (spring). Check the piston and gas tube to make sure its on correctly. Also check the recoil spring guide assembly and guide rails to see if you are getting any binding when manually cycling it. Check with the numerous AK forums on the net for some additional guidance.