War Rifles
8391 Euclid Ave
Ste C
Manassas, VA 20111
(703) 367-7155

FEEDBACK SCORE: 10/10

I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this but I just wanted to share my recent experience with War Rifles in Manassas, VA. I am currently building a M4A1 Sopmod Block II clone and pieced all the upper parts in the span of a month. It took a little while to gather up all the parts but finding all COLT parts is a little difficult especially when youre on a budget. But in the end it was all worth it. I needed to get the flash hider pin and welded and after reading many forums it seemed like shipping my upper to ADCO in OH was the only option I had. That is until I heard about War Rifles in Manassas, VA. I was recommended to them by the friendly people over at VA Arms, also in Manassas, VA.

So I called Doug at War Rifles on Friday and asked about their pricing and turn around times. Pricing for the pin and weld was $50. This is a GREAT deal considering if I had gone with ADCO it would have been $30 for the service and an extra $55 just because its a SureFire flash hider and that does not include the shipping there and back either. Which I calculated to be around $30 total roughly due to weight and the package size. So that was a no brainer. While I had Doug on the phone I figured I would see about just getting the upper assembled by him while he had it. This service was $30. Which is also not bad to properly get everything installed and check head spacing.

They were closed over the weekend so I stopped by Monday morning to drop everything off. It was a little tricky finding the place but its in the back behind building 8393. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by Doug and his friendly pitbull. Lots of serious machinery in there. He was also kind enough to show me some of his past projects and what he was currently working. Im the type that asks a lot of questions and he was kind enough to explain and answer them all for me. Really cool dude. (He does great cerakote work too if anyone is interested. I will be taking my other rifle to him for cerakote.)

I simply explained what needed to be done and he understood exactly. He told me it will take about 1.5 weeks. Thats fair considering the line of rifles that were in front of the line getting serviced as well. It would have taken around the same time maybe more if I had gone with ADCO. The next day, Tuesday morning I get a call from Doug, thinking maybe I forgot a part to the upper or something... nope. He called me to tell me that my upper was done and ready for pick up! Seriously? Thats super fast!

Went to the shop and examined everything and its to near perfection. The Surefire flash hider was PERFECTLY timed and the weld job is damn near flawless. I'm pretty picky when it comes to stuff like this. I like things to be perfect. The upper was properly installed. There were no tool marks or dings from installation.

To conlude, if you need any work done on your AR don't hesitate to give Doug a call at War Rifles. He will treat your guns like it were his own with total care and perfection. Great prices and turn around time! Feel free to share your experiences with War Rifles. I will definitely without a doubt be taking any future projects to Doug. Highly recommended.

Here are some photos of the upper that was serviced by Doug.

Still waiting on a few other things but here is what she looks like as of now.

*SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUN SHOPS AND GUNSMITHS*

Edited by Soopreme (03/19/14 03:12 PM)