Who's Online
14 registered (CrayolaBoxCollector, 45autocountry, gatstuFF, CL4, PanzerJager107, MrClarke, Kip30, rollon, ELJONE, ken792, Hemiphant_arms, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#716453 - 04/25/14 10:50 PM Sharpshooters M&P Trigger Job
Fusbal Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Alexandria
City or County: Alexandria
Has anybody here had this done? Any good?

#719092 - 05/01/14 09:25 AM Re: Sharpshooters M&P Trigger Job [Re: Fusbal]
CoomassieBlue Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
I haven't had them do an M&P trigger job, but I will say that I do not plan to renew my annual membership to Sharpshooters next year.

Most of the guys that run the range are good people, but I'm really not a fan of the management's approach to things. There's a sign on the door telling you that you can't carry, yet every single employee there is carrying. Double standard much? When I first got an annual membership, it was in part because it either reduces or eliminates transfer fees (don't remember which), and I'd mentioned I planned on getting a suppressor. Well, I'm finally ready to get that suppressor, so I stop by to chat with them about Form 4s and all that jazz. "Oh, we don't do NFA transfers." Well, that's great...could you have told me that before I dropped $325 on a membership? Lastly, range time is in 1 hour increments, and you're forced to share lanes with anyone else who's with you. I get that the range can get a little busy and they want to give everyone a fair chance, but it's frustrating that if I go with my husband and my father-in-law, I basically only get 20 minutes to shoot until I'm kicked off my lane - and again, this is at a cost of $325 per year.

Hopefully they're better at trigger jobs than they are at other things.

#719646 - 05/02/14 07:02 AM Re: Sharpshooters M&P Trigger Job [Re: Fusbal]
theyoyomaster Offline
Single barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Alexandria (formerly)
Not the biggest fan of Sharpshooters, they nickel and dime you and aren't the best experience. If you can make the drive to Richmond I just met a guy that does amazing trigger jobs. I tried out his Five seveN and .357 revolver triggers and they were unbelievable. His shop is JG Weapons, you can find them on facebook.

#720002 - 05/02/14 08:55 PM Re: Sharpshooters M&P Trigger Job [Re: theyoyomaster]
Fusbal Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Alexandria
I'm far from a fan of Sharpshooters, but it's 5 minutes from work and 5 minutes from my house, so it's extremely convenient and I use the range quite often.

Don't ever buy anything there, though - they are unbelievably overpriced. So much so that it makes me wonder if they have any idea what current market prices are. They are also horrible pains in the dick to coordinate transfers with. Thankfully there's a FFL in my neighborhood now, so I don't have to deal with them much anymore aside from range use.

I'm not sure I'd trust them with my M&P, so I was looking to see if anyone had any experience in that regard. I'll keep taking my guns to VA Gun Safety or Fullerton for work.

#763890 - 07/31/14 09:43 AM Re: Sharpshooters M&P Trigger Job [Re: Fusbal]
dscott Offline
scott

Loc: Virgina
City or County: Arlington
I’ve had two M&P trigger jobs done at Sharpshooters and both were excellent.

#799320 - 10/12/14 03:09 PM Re: Sharpshooters M&P Trigger Job [Re: Fusbal]
BEISSEN Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Fredericksburg,VA
City or County: Fredericksburg
All Shooter Tactical in woodbridge does transfers for suppressors and are great to work with. Unfortunatly Sharp Shooters is the only decent and resonable range to shoot on. But do take some to desire working with. Lots of patience needed.