Who's Online
8 registered (Sammarco, CL4, Bad Lieutenant, Mja, Joey66, Brooke Boy, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1051076 - 06/02/16 03:36 PM 308 AR Lower
MajorHo Offline
Single barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax
Hello VAGT Nova,

//quicker version
Might I ask for a favor for someone in the area with a 308 AR lower (DPMS pattern).

My ask is if I can borrow/swap a lower for testing. You're more than welcome to join me at the outdoor IWLA 100 yd range in Centerville and anything else I can do as a small thank you.

///Longer version

Over the past 2 years I've been slowly assembling a 308 AR with good bang for the buck parts that have come on sale (not cheap/crappy parts but sale).

The lower is a Tactical Machining 308 lower, the upper is just a DPMS stripped upper, the barrel is Black Hole Weaponry, and the BCG is this unknown to me APF Armory (Alex Pro Firearms based in Minnesota).

The rifle wont fire more than 2 rounds at a time. I think it's the BCG that is causing my issue. The bolt wont consistently seat and won't lock back with the bolt catch. It will lock back with empty 308 PMags. Only about 10-12 rounds have been sent down the barrel, the rest of the range sessions have been spent disassembling the upper and lower because once it doesnt fully seat I cant get the BCG to come back and eject the live round.

I've contacted APF and they have surprisingly good customer service and offered to take a look even though I bought from Midway 2 years ago and not directly from APF.

I'd like to try at least 1 more range session with another lower, just to see if the results are any different.

-Ho

#1051080 - 06/02/16 03:40 PM Re: 308 AR Lower [Re: MajorHo]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
I'll help. Will PM later.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1051399 - 06/03/16 11:02 AM Re: 308 AR Lower [Re: MajorHo]
boostless Offline
Addicted

Loc: Culpeper Co
City or County: Culpeper Co
Bit of advice, make sure you have a good amount of lube through the break in process. My brother has been having a lot of similar problems on his 5.56 that were solved when I put a good amount of lube on it.

I have a 308 as well if needed.