Who's Online
1 registered (Erikthemad), 12 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1855267 - 02/14/22 05:11 PM Firearm QC
OXN Offline
Reagan Bush '84

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Richmond
Seems to me that QC in the firearms industry really has gone straight through the floor since the pandemic. Nosler's Model 21 hunting rifle seems to be an unmitigated disaster, apparently Remington's newest iteration is essentially going to be putting rifles together out of leftover parts, and a buddy of mine just had a hellish experience with an Alexander Arms upper that was a lemon from the factory... anyone else seeing this? I feel like we'll be referring to them as "pre-COVID" and "post-COVID" rifles here before too long.

#1855311 - 02/14/22 06:39 PM Re: Firearm QC [Re: OXN]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Alexander Arms has always been hit and miss, their piston guns are cheaper and sell less of them a year than LWRC or PWS for a reason. I had an AA upper, it was crap. Sent it back to the manufacturer, they argued with me that I was using the wrong ammo, even though I ordered it directly from them and the ammo came from them too.....they made the ammo in their own shop and it was branded Alexander Arms.....all of that was reflected on the invoice they made and sent out.

Remington has been **I'M AN IDIOT** since the late 90s IMO, with the Xmark pro trigger debacle and a history of other issues, so nothing new. Old Remington's are great but when they went cheap on labor and machinery they took a hard fall and never recovered.

I know **I'M AN IDIOT** all about Nosler rifles, I didn't know they built rifles in house but I'm surprised they are that bad considering Nosler makes and has made decent projos for a long while.

Been a weird two years for sure.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1855314 - 02/14/22 06:59 PM Re: Firearm QC [Re: Verylargeboots]
OXN Offline
Reagan Bush '84

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Richmond
Yeah my guy had an upper that was a lemon from the factory, similar story to yours... they blamed it on him until it was obvious the upper was defective and then charged him a $125 "restocking fee." He's in touch with his lawyer right now I think, as much as he can be while downrange. Actually scary that they gave him an unsafely bad product and then wouldn't refund his money. I had something similar happen years ago with them.

If anyone wants to read up on the Nosler debacle, here's a 20 something page thread on the defects, subsequent customer service fumbles and continuing fallout... yikes city.

Just seems like I hear more of these stories than I used to.