Who's Online
12 registered (mike4570, chase45hicks, JamesChang, Dshannon, DKurtz, Parsons, Algotguns, GreenArrow08, Pfl13, tripledipper, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#984979 - 12/22/15 07:54 AM Has anyone heard about this?!
chuckyzfr1 Offline
Bullseye

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Richmond City
I just read this story - very troublesome. If the states' affected by this (including NC) reciprocate in kind all CCW holders here will be very isolated indeed.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/go...618b5e946e.html

#984985 - 12/22/15 08:21 AM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
LBwill1960 Offline
Responsible for all the world's problems

Loc: Mechanicsville,VA
City or County: Hanover

Loc: Woodbridge/Stafford/Gloucester...
City or County: Prince William, Stafford & Gloucester monthly.
Originally Posted By: Agent19
Originally Posted By: Cash is King
PLEASE READ... and ACT..

VA-ALERT: ACTION ITEM: Newport News City's push for Chicago-style Gun Control

Pay heed... I have NEVER know Agent19 to be wrong on any topic at any time. NEVER.

Community Wake up!!!!

December 22 ADD to the story:

THE MEAN-SPIRITED ATTACK ON CHP HOLDERS CONTINUES - THIS TIME WHEN TRAVELING OUT OF STATE

The Virginia Attorney General, Mark Herring, a member of the Party of Gun Control, has decided to expand the attack on concealed handgun permit holders that was started by Governor McAuliffe. What Herring and McAuliffe can’t get done through the General Assembly, they will get by abusing their elected positions.

Herring had an “audit” performed on the states whose permits are honored in Virginia and has decided (surprise, surprise) that two-dozen of those states don’t meet the “standards" required.

The two-dozen states will have their recognition dropped on February 1, 2016.

Was there a problem with out-of-state CHP holders carrying in Virginia that triggered the audit?

NO, of course not. CHP holders are the most law-abiding of America’s citizens.

Just like the McAuliffe’s state-agency gun ban, this isn’t about public safety at all. It is about vindictively attacking CHP holders, paying back Bloomberg for campaign donations, and coddling criminals and terrorists.

(Lest any of you forget how important it is to get to the polls, Mark Herring beat Mark Obenshain by only **165** votes with the help of Michael Bloomberg back in 2013. Because of those 165 votes, here we are.)

VIRGINIA CHP HOLDERS WILL BE ENDANGERED WHEN TRAVELING OUT OF STATE

This gutless attack on our rights also affects some of OUR NEIGHBORS: North Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky and will undoubtedly cost Virginia CHP holders the ability to carry in many states where we have been carrying for years!

It will be a while before we know the full extent of this treachery, but when we know, it will be disseminated on VA-ALERT.

Edited by Cash is King (53 minutes 55 seconds ago)

#985155 - 12/22/15 03:29 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
chuckyzfr1 Offline
Bullseye

This Washington Post article spells it out a little more clearly:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/vir...6&tid=ss_fb

As of Feb 1, VA citizens' CCW's will no longer be recognized in the 25 states where we've been able to legally carry for years now, essentially critically weakening our permits value.

#985195 - 12/22/15 05:00 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
Finnfur Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: south central Va
City or County: Mech
Vote on this in Richmond pole
http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/go...618b5e946e.html

The NOs are winning

#985351 - 12/23/15 06:19 AM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
warrenlm Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Fairfax
Northern Virginia voters will continue to dominate state wide election results unless the rest of the Commonwealth's voters finally get energized to vote every time, regardless of perceived stink. I recall two old guys like me chatting at Chantilly in 2012 saying they would not be voting in November because Romney was not a true conservative. They gave us Obama. Democrats have a mission to constrain gun rights in any executive step they can and the legislature has to gain an override majority when Northern Virginia installs a Democrat Executive. There's no debating this topic of reciprocity with them because it's not based on reason. It's part of the "just do something" process, even though ineffective, because people want "something". Google the topic and look at the anti gun blogs being lit up. As noted above, a few voters staying home did this.

#985363 - 12/23/15 08:08 AM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: warrenlm]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
This is a half truth that I see continue to spread. Yes NoVA has become red.

But also look at heavy populated areas. Richmond and Norfolk VA Beach and Hampton

Originally Posted By: warrenlm
Northern Virginia voters will continue to dominate state wide election results unless the rest of the Commonwealth's voters finally get energized to vote every time, regardless of perceived stink. I recall two old guys like me chatting at Chantilly in 2012 saying they would not be voting in November because Romney was not a true conservative. They gave us Obama. Democrats have a mission to constrain gun rights in any executive step they can and the legislature has to gain an override majority when Northern Virginia installs a Democrat Executive. There's no debating this topic of reciprocity with them because it's not based on reason. It's part of the "just do something" process, even though ineffective, because people want "something". Google the topic and look at the anti gun blogs being lit up. As noted above, a few voters staying home did this.

#985423 - 12/23/15 10:00 AM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
SIW Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia, Alexandria
City or County: Alexandria
Guess it's time to get my nonresident Florida permit.

#985436 - 12/23/15 10:17 AM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
Com 45acp Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Amissville
What is the chances that these states will continue to recognize va permits?

#985495 - 12/23/15 12:29 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: Com 45acp]
SIW Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia, Alexandria
City or County: Alexandria
Originally Posted By: Com 45acp
What is the chances that these states will continue to recognize va permits?

Some by law it will automatically disqualify, others I'm guessing. Will choose not to accept VA. Hence my previous comment about getting the Florida nonresident permit. Would work in (in guessing without any actual research) all the states VA won't, and in states CA doesn't already such as Georgia and some others.

#985500 - 12/23/15 12:48 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
navywolf Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: King George
This article spells out who will/won't still take a VA CCW.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/...ml?intcmp=hpbt3

#985501 - 12/23/15 12:50 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
navywolf Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: King George
In addition to a Florida out of state CCW, take a look at Arizona. A little cheaper and quicker to receive. There are a couple of differences in acceptance so it depends on your travels.

#985567 - 12/23/15 03:58 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
jeffjeeptj Offline
Double barrel

City or County: Virginia Beach
Since the Gov and his cronies are resorting to abuse of power, is there a legal basis to start recall proceedings?

#985578 - 12/23/15 04:53 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
If you are a member of FaceBook, follow this group.

https://www.facebook.com/recallmarkherring/?ref=br_rs

Here is the petition that has been initiated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1T1aYvJ6niqTatr3D_DsVruR3L_-rAaSE5BlkBMHEWEY/viewform

We can set on our butts and complain .... or we can send a message that the politicians work for US and NOT for their NY money men. Your choice.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#985581 - 12/23/15 05:09 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
Com 45acp Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Amissville
Voted. Thanks Bob.

#985611 - 12/23/15 05:51 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Moves are already started in the house. Let your representative know you support this bill.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?161+sum+HB12

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#985637 - 12/23/15 06:36 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

You can track the recall petition here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1T1aYvJ6...sp=form_confirm

#985654 - 12/23/15 07:17 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
Signed as well

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#985679 - 12/23/15 08:23 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Thanks Bob

#985796 - 12/24/15 08:31 AM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: LaserJock]
warrenlm Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Fairfax
Originally Posted By: LaserJock
This is a half truth that I see continue to spread. Yes NoVA has become red.

But also look at heavy populated areas. Richmond and Norfolk VA Beach and Hampton

Note: I believe you meant "blue".

I'm not sure why you chose a pejorative style when the point was that the power of the anti-gun groups agenda is here to stay and grow unless the "red" parts of Virginia actually vote in overwhelming numbers.

#985797 - 12/24/15 08:37 AM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
coptician Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Va
City or County: Chesapeake
In the mid 90's, NC was not reciprocal with VA. The Va Beach PD had just moved their firearms training from a range in southern Va Beach to Blackwater in Moyock, NC. Va police officers are not issued CCW, they qualify to carry off duty as officers. During that time, we actually had Detectives (in plain clothes in a restaurant in Moyock on a break from training) be confronted and almost charged by NC State PD for carrying concealed without a NC CCW. I guess this change will set up that scenario again.

Conversely, I was on a LE related trip to NYC and, having heard horror stories about out of state cops being detained/arrested for carrying, I decided NOT to carry when I met my NYPD hosts for the meeting we were having. When they picked me up at the hotel, one of them asked me if I was carrying. I told them "No" and they almost laughed me out of the lobby. They said I must be a complete idiot, "ordered" me to go get my gun and to never come to their city again without it.

But I digress...This idiot Democrat is taking his cues directly from Washington. Rule by executive order. We have got to fight this crap with everythin we've got.

#985801 - 12/24/15 08:57 AM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
chuckyzfr1 Offline
Bullseye

This rogue behavior on the part of the State AG is most harmful to Virginians; it will serve to completely isolate us in terms of our ability to carry in almost all of the adjacent states - it's only a matter of time before all the affected states reciprocate in kind, barring us from using our CCW's to travel.

It will also absolutely hurt VA tourism; I've read comments on the national press regarding this new bogus action, with people stating that they will now avoid travel/vacation/tourism here, since they can no longer exercise their right to self defense. I don't blame them - my wife and I recently rode our motorcycles from here to TX, and we took a circuitous route which carried us through 14 states. We were legally able to carry in all but one of them, Georgia. As a result, we went through that state without stopping to eat, stay in a hotel, visit any sites, etc. we preferred to spend our time & money in all the other states that respected our right to self defense.

#985811 - 12/24/15 09:12 AM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
coptician Offline
Bolt action

Hopefully, most common sense cops will use their discretion (yes, they DO still have discretion with misdemeanors!) and do the right thing when encountering out of state CCW holders. As one of those common sense cops (retired), I call on any other who's reading this to excercise the same common sense and discretion.

#986354 - 12/25/15 08:39 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
Frizzman Offline
Harquebusier

Loc: Virginia Beach
When this Clinton handpuppet was elected, we knew he would be doing whatever Bill and Hillary and their billionaire buddy, Bloomberg ordered him to do. Hillary is counting on this issue getting her the votes in the high population centers. I can assure everyone that Virginia Beach one large population area in the state is not friendly to the grabbers...We all need to be as politically active as possible to make the governor and his lackeys regret their efforts to curtail our rights by royal decree...I plan to do whatever I can to support whoever runs against Democrats that support this kind of backdoor attacks...Don't complain, get active in all legal efforts to make these people regret such actions against the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens. We all know the point of this is to have the other states reject, in kind, our permits and discourage Virginians from bothering with getting CCH permits...This is another trial balloon to see how far they can push their agenda as dictated by Bloomberg who is a fountain of money for them.

#986479 - 12/26/15 09:39 AM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
coptician Offline
Bolt action

We'll need to research how many of these states that revoke our ccw as a result of or reckless AG have open carry. If they do, just tuck your shirt in at the state line and call it good.

#1004958 - 02/11/16 11:44 PM Re: Has anyone heard about this?! [Re: chuckyzfr1]
VBEMT757 Offline
Pea shooter

What kills me is that we are turning away some of these states that have harder processes for their residents to get their CCW's than we do.