Who's Online
5 registered (Too, komet45, Apple a Day, 270Rem, 1 invisible), 8 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#164446 - 07/12/11 07:47 PM Cricky23
Work2Shoot Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Ashburn, VA, USA
City or County: Loudoun
I had arranged a sale of a rifle case with member Cricky23 . We had worked out a few times over PM until coming to a mutually agreeable time / place. (Proof Below in my Screen Shot of PM)

I went to the location early so I wouldn't miss Cricky23 and let him know exactly where I was parked and what my vehicle looked like...via PM since I didn't have a phone number. I waited for 45 minutes in the 100 degree heat and he never showed up. There was no call, email, nothing.

I do not like to leave bad feedback so I waited an entire 24 hours from the time of the meeting for Cricky23 to give me some sort of reason for his absense (in fact I waited 4 hours past the deadline I gave him). He has read all of my messages but has not responded accordingly which is why this is here.

Edited by Work2Shoot (07/13/11 04:31 PM)

#164469 - 07/12/11 08:31 PM Re: Cricky23 - NO SHOW [Re: Work2Shoot]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
ADDED TO THE DO NOT DEAL LIST

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#164809 - 07/13/11 01:05 PM Re: Cricky23 - NO SHOW [Re: MP3Mogul]
cricky23 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Prince William, County
City or County: Manasssas
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME MP ?? THE REASON WHY I DIDN'T RESPONSED WAS BECAUSE I HAD TO HAVE AN EMERGENCY ROOT CANAL, YES I READ THE POSTS BUT I WAS NOT IF FRONT OF MY COMPUTER-I WAS READING THE POSTS FROM MY PHONE - IF YOU TAKE THE TIME AND READ THE ENTIRE POSTS HE NEVER LEFT ME A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL. SO BEFORE YOU START SHOOTING OFF YOUR MOUTH READ EVERYTHING THIS IS SOMETHING YOU HAVE FAILED TO DO IN THE PAST WITH ME.

#164820 - 07/13/11 01:19 PM Re: Cricky23 - NO SHOW [Re: cricky23]
v8unleashed Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: nova
City or County: nova
Originally Posted By: cricky23
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME MP ?? THE REASON WHY I DIDN'T RESPONSED WAS BECAUSE I HAD TO HAVE AN EMERGENCY ROOT CANAL, YES I READ THE POSTS BUT I WAS NOT IF FRONT OF MY COMPUTER-I WAS READING THE POSTS FROM MY PHONE - IF YOU TAKE THE TIME AND READ THE ENTIRE POSTS HE NEVER LEFT ME A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL. SO BEFORE YOU START SHOOTING OFF YOUR MOUTH READ EVERYTHING THIS IS SOMETHING YOU HAVE FAILED TO DO IN THE PAST WITH ME.

You didn't bother to immediately get in touch with him after your "emergency root canal?" Why didn't you send him a PM from your phone explaining the situation?

He said he waited 24 hours and heard nothing from you. Is that a lie?

#164821 - 07/13/11 01:22 PM Re: Cricky23 - NO SHOW [Re: cricky23]
jmb_nova Offline
Gunnoisseur

Loc: Fairfax, VA
City or County: Fairfax
There is another thread in this section about a member not following through with a deal. The member that didnt follow through posted in the thread in a very respectful and apologetic manner. There is a proper way to address issues, and an improper way to address issues.

The dude in the other thread will still get my business.

Its not about what you do as we all make mistakes; its about how you handle yourself in the aftermath of mistakes.

#164844 - 07/13/11 01:43 PM Re: Cricky23 - NO SHOW [Re: v8unleashed]
cricky23 Offline
Marksman

WELL V8UNLEASED FIRST OF I REALLY DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU - MY PHONE WOULD NOT LET ME SEND WHY I DON'T KNOW BUT THATS NEITHER HERE NOR THERE - I WAS GOING TO RESPONED TO THE SELLER BUT BEING IN BED WITH A SORE MOUTH THAT REALLY WAS ON THE TOP OF MY TO DO LIST !

#164855 - 07/13/11 01:49 PM Re: Cricky23 - NO SHOW [Re: cricky23]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Always agood idea to get phone numbers before heading out/

#164857 - 07/13/11 01:59 PM Re: Cricky23 - NO SHOW [Re: jmb_nova]
cttbax Offline
Plastic Pistol Scout Sniper

Loc: Augusta GA
City or County: Augusta
Originally Posted By: jmb_nova
There is another thread in this section about a member not following through with a deal. The member that didnt follow through posted in the thread in a very respectful and apologetic manner. There is a proper way to address issues, and an improper way to address issues.

The dude in the other thread will still get my business.

Its not about what you do as we all make mistakes; its about how you handle yourself in the aftermath of mistakes.

Exactly......

#164863 - 07/13/11 02:06 PM Re: Cricky23 - NO SHOW [Re: cttbax]
cricky23 Offline
Marksman

LET ME CLEAR THE AIR - I HAVE NEVER SHAFTED ANYONE ON VA GUNTRADER - FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO WORK2SHOOT FOR NO SHOW *NOT MY STYLE* IF YOU STILL HAVE THE BAG I WILL COME TO YOU TO PICK IT UP - THAT'S THE BEST I CAN DO.

#164889 - 07/13/11 02:43 PM Re: Cricky23 - NO SHOW [Re: cricky23]
Work2Shoot Offline
Bolt action

Originally Posted By: cricky23

First off calm down with the caps lock. I not only gave you 24 hours, but I also waited until I saw you READ the PMs where I tried to handle this privately. So you had time to read my messages but no time to post a simple "emergency will respond later." That's all it would have taken. I'm not a mean guy I really did everything I could to reach you. It's the responsibility of every member to post results when they are dealt a bad deal.

Finally, do not accuse me of failing to do ANYTHING. In fact, I went over and above to avoid this from happening. Oh and this message is being sent from my phone.

Edited by Work2Shoot (07/13/11 02:55 PM)

#164967 - 07/13/11 04:24 PM Re: Cricky23 - NO SHOW [Re: Work2Shoot]
cricky23 Offline
Marksman

I UNDERSTAND YOUR ISSUES BUT I REALLY DON'T WANT TO KEEP THIS THREAD GOING, ONCE AGAIN I APOLOGIZE TO YOU OUT IN THE OPEN AND NOT BY PM. WHY MY PHONE WOULDN'T LET SEND, NOT TO SURE I DON'T WORK FOR APPLE OR VERIZON, BUT IF YOU STILL WANT TO DO THE DEAL, ONCE AGAIN I'M WILLING TO COME TO YOU.

BTW - I LIKE THE CAPS !!

#164969 - 07/13/11 04:30 PM Re: Cricky23 [Re: cricky23]
Work2Shoot Offline
Bolt action

Thanks for the apology. I updated the thread title. Will a mod lock this so no more posts can be made after mine? Nothing else needs to be said.

Edited by Work2Shoot (07/13/11 04:33 PM)

#164973 - 07/13/11 04:40 PM Re: Cricky23 [Re: Work2Shoot]
cttbax Offline
Plastic Pistol Scout Sniper

Loc: Augusta GA
City or County: Augusta
Originally Posted By: Work2Shoot
Thanks for the apology. I updated the thread title. Will a mod lock this so no more posts can be made after mine? Nothing else needs to be said.

Locked.