Who's Online
5 registered (wcd70, milprileb, Donald Bautista, harley, 1 invisible), 8 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#756176 - 07/15/14 09:36 PM Broken_Tusk
Colonfree Offline
Redacted

Loc: VA
City or County: Seaford
This gentleman offered a pistol in need of repair in trade for an item I had listed. He took the time to email me pics, and give me the whole backstory on the pistol. I was okay with the deal in the shape it was in, and agreed to the trade. Nothing I couldn't fix with a little time and effort. He then decided for me that it was in my best interest that I not make the trade. He was pleasant as can be throughout the entire exchange. I feel if you initiate a trade (with full disclosure), and the other party understands and agrees to your trade you should be a man of your word and stand by your offer. This site is built on your word, and your character. If you cannot stand by your word, you have no business being here. Take it for what it's worth, but be wary if he makes you an offer.

homeland security: I cant believe with all the people in this country they can get that many dummys in one place at one time.

#756198 - 07/15/14 09:59 PM Re: Broken_Tusk [Re: Colonfree]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to broken_tusk inviting him to reply

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT invited to reply.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#756238 - 07/15/14 11:27 PM Re: Broken_Tusk [Re: Colonfree]
Broken_Tusk Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
City or County: Chesapeake
Colon is a good guy, but he can't see what I can in regards to the whole picture.

I offered it, he said he was interested, but we never had any type of set time or date for any type of face to face meeting, because I was concerned over the the revolver that I offered him in trade. I called a friend of mine who works of revolvers as a gunsmith, and based on what I listed, in regards to what I saw and told him, he gave me an estimate on it that started at almost 1/5 the cost of the revolver now, and he told me that there were also some safety concerns as well if I didn't take care of it.

Colon responded with this, below, once I told him that I had to back out because of the above...

" I am familiar with your pistol, and where it came from, and the issues it has. You offer it up in trade, then back out on the deal without even giving me time to inspect the firearm personally? You are a turd, and can take your turd gun and go fornicate yourself with it.
Thanks for wasting my time,
Colon"

I told Colon that it wouldn't be a good deal for him at all, and if I feel that if I can't contribute to a deal on my end, that I simply wasn't going to allow someone to drive even an inch to meet me for any type of deal were I knew it wasn't going to benefit them at all. Colon was still upset, and wrote me as such questioning why I would back out of the deal even after the problem was told to him, again.

Caveat emptor/ventor- If the guy on the other side of the negotiation tells you that something he is holding will cost 1/5 of the cost for a revolver in better condition, and he doesn't want to saddle you with the cost of time and money on your head to repair it, is that the type of deal that you still want to get in to?

Would you make a complaint in the public's eye on the guy on the other end decided that he wanted to shoulder the monetary burden, and for you not to have to pay all the costs?

#756243 - 07/15/14 11:50 PM Re: Broken_Tusk [Re: Broken_Tusk]
JG Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Tidewater/HamptonRoads area
City or County: Tidewater/HamptonRoads area
Both parties have responded - locking thread.