Who's Online
10 registered (John12, Drewman804, Rudy42, Champ, lawnmonster, DaveL, High Ryder, mnick1459, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#842852 - 01/16/15 02:42 PM pjenkin1
MultiPurpose Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Warrenton
First time I've ever done this, so here we go. Had a deal set in place to meet with this member today after I got of work. Place and time was agreed upon for the evening. He sent a message early this afternoon stating that he no longer wished to purchase as he found a better price at a retail store. Not a complete inconvinience, but a bit of a let down as I was hoping to use the money towards a trip I'm taking this weekend with the family. I suppose it's better than to have been left hanging in the parking lot, but no contact in the first place would have been ideal. Lesson learned on a brand new member.

#843048 - 01/16/15 09:15 PM Re: pjenkin1 [Re: MultiPurpose]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
PM sent to pjenkin1 inviting him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction ARE NOT TO RESPOND

#844655 - 01/20/15 01:07 PM Re: pjenkin1 [Re: LaserJock]
pjenkin1 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA, Loudoun County
City or County: Chantilly
I was informed my a seasoned member of this forum that if and when a seller doesn't want to provide a bill of sale at the time of sale it may not be best to go with the seller. This seller's reluctance to provide a BOS made me uncomfortable. That wasn't a risk I was willing to take. Beginner or not, I don't know this guy, I wasn't going to stake my life, job, etc. over this transaction.

Pjenkin1

#844656 - 01/20/15 01:07 PM Re: pjenkin1 [Re: MultiPurpose]
pjenkin1 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA, Loudoun County
City or County: Chantilly
I was informed my a seasoned member of this forum that if and when a seller doesn't want to provide a bill of sale at the time of sale it may not be best to go with the seller. This seller's reluctance to provide a BOS made me uncomfortable. That wasn't a risk I was willing to take. Beginner or not, I don't know this guy, I wasn't going to stake my life, job, etc. over this transaction.

Pjenkin1

#844706 - 01/20/15 03:46 PM Re: pjenkin1 [Re: MultiPurpose]
MultiPurpose Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Warrenton
I never stated I wouldn't do a bill of sale, I had just said that I didn't want to put my address down as part of one. And no, generally I don't fill out bills of sale because I don't honestly think it necessary, but to make a deal happen I'm willing to work with people.

I'm always willing to show credentials for the State of VA, Concealed Carry, Military ID, and Voter ID. If you still have a problem with a transaction after all of those are presented, maybe the used market without FFL transfer is not for you.

#844748 - 01/20/15 05:16 PM Re: pjenkin1 [Re: MultiPurpose]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded .... thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln