Who's Online
4 registered (tekeve, Krupp41, M4E1, thebe001), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#882182 - 04/06/15 10:04 PM SlickStang
appaloosajack Offline
Marksman

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
So I debated whether to post this feedback regarding Slickstang for more than a week - truth is, I do not like speaking (writing, in this case) negatively about others; however, my failure to post may cause other members heartburn, so here is the brief. Posted a small caliber rifle FS. Slickstang sent two messages on 3/26/15 and two messages on 3/27/15 inquiring about the rifle. In his last message, he asked if I would reduce my price by $50.00, and if so, stated he could possibly meet that same day to make a deal. I responded to all his messages and with my last message, I agreed to the reduced price ($50.00 discount). Later that same day, after multiple text messages, we agreed on a meeting place and time. Positive: He was on time. Negative: He spent approximately 30 minutes examining the rifle while repeatedly stating that he wasn't sure he wanted it. Finally and literally I had to tell him that he needed to make a decision; that we have been standing in this parking lot for 30-minutes and that I drove a good distance to meet with him and that this venture was turning out to be a huge waste of time. I reminded him that we agreed to a deal on this site and via text. He stated that he didn't want negative feedback left on his profile and asked me if he backed out of the deal, would I leave negative feedback. I did not answer this question. In the end, after an exhausting 30-minutes and talking with Stang ad nauseum, he backed out of the deal and I left. First bad experience on this site since becoming a member. Pictures of the rifle were clearly posted in my listing and an accurate description was provided. What I have stated here is 100% accurate and true and any response by Slickstang that does not mirror the stated timeline and events will be false.

#882238 - 04/07/15 02:11 AM Re: SlickStang [Re: appaloosajack]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to slickstang inviting him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT TO RESPOND

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#882596 - 04/07/15 08:37 PM Re: SlickStang [Re: appaloosajack]
SlickStang Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Stafford
There are multiple inaccuracies in this feedback. First off, after both parties communicated well, I sat in over an hour of traffic to meet him at the location he chose. So the inconvenience and time involved was not just one way. Additionally, I was fully prepared to purchase the rifle however, when I arrived and began looking at the rifle, it's quality was not as it appeared in the pictures. There were multiple blemishes on the stock and significant bluing loss on the barrel. None of these defects were visible in the photos posted on this site. I even asked in a PM to appaloosajack if the stock had been refinished because the picture quality seemed low. He indicated in that message that he hadn't done anything to the rifle but that he wasn't the original owner. The reason I looked at it for more than just a few minutes was that I really did want this particular type of rifle. But the poor quality of the stock and barrel was not something I could get past. I felt that I was misled on the quality of the rifle based on the pictures from the ad. I even pointed out all the blemishes when asked. As for the feedback, I never asked him to not post feedback one way or the other. I just assumed that we could both be adults and realize that the transaction just wasn't going to work out mainly due to the poor quality of the rifle. Also, I find it hard to believe that this is his first bad experience because he told me verbally and in a PM that someone else had backed out of a deal on this rifle prior to me contacting him. So while I did feel badly about not buying the rifle and wasting both of our time, I think that had anyone else seen the poor quality of the rifle they would understand my point of view.

Edited by SlickStang (04/07/15 08:49 PM)

#882616 - 04/07/15 09:23 PM Re: SlickStang [Re: appaloosajack]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded. Thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln