Who's Online
10 registered (cummins01, DHop, TE338, Jrussianc, longeye, FastEddy, kjack, 3 invisible), 13 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#949509 - 09/21/15 10:30 AM old_man
VAGunner Offline
Full Auto

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Chester
So this user messaged me about 2 items for sale 4 minutes after he registerd with VGT and after a few messages, we agreed on the price and said he would take them. So I texted him this morning and after we worked out where to meet, he asks if I need a bill of sale. The screen shot will not upload but this is how it went through texts. We agreed on a place to meet and I asked him if he had 2 IDs:

old_man: I do. Do you need a bill of sale?
VAGunner: I have 2 copies. There's room for both on 1 BOS so we're good.
old_man: I did not know you requested a BOS. Let's hold off on the deal for the time being. I appreciate the time though. We may be able to work something out in the near future.
VAGunner: A Bill Of Sale is a given.....but you're not holding your word on a deal.
old_man: I just nove from Georgia and if a BOS was requested it was put in the ad. My apologies for not understandingthe common practice here in va

So he backs out of a deal after not agreeing to a Bill Of Sale? I think that is it a little sketchy.

UPDATE: He has since texted me and said he can see how it seems sketchy but he should learn the gun laws of VA before buying. All of this happpening just after I mentioned him signing a Bill Of Sale....Interesting.

#949533 - 09/21/15 11:45 AM Re: old_man [Re: VAGunner]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

City or County: Henrico County
PM sent to old_man for a response. Those not involved are NOT to respond.

#949563 - 09/21/15 01:31 PM Re: old_man [Re: VAGunner]
old_man Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: rva
City or County: rva
That is all correct. I signed up and saw a good deal. I was interested and willing to do the deal. I have recently moved from Georgia and the forum I participated on was very specific if a BOS was required. I assumed that since it was not mentioned in the ad, that it was not required in this transaction.
I think we can all agree it is appropriate for me to familiarize myself with Virginia gun laws before buying and signing anything as it obviously varies state to state. I apologize for anytime wasted. There are no hard feelings on my end.

#949573 - 09/21/15 01:49 PM Re: old_man [Re: VAGunner]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

City or County: Henrico County
Both parties have responded. Thread locked.