Who's Online
5 registered (Matt69, Osprey, 3 invisible), 11 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1040517 - 05/09/16 07:16 PM Oldman5
daddydubbs Offline
Gun fool

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Locust grove
I contacted oldman5 about buying his s&w m&p shield. I ask if he had a cash price since he had the gun listed as a trade. He gave me a cash price. I countered with a offer. He excepted my offer and set a date and time to meet. We both agreed to time, place and cash amount. I sent out a text ten mins before meet time to confirm place. I got no response until the meet time saying that he no longer wanted sell the gun. After that all cummunication stopped. Normally I don't do negative feed back but I wanted to inform future interests about the type of seller/trader oldman5 is. If he no longer wanted to sell me the gun I completely understand. That is he right to do so. He could have informed me sooner knowing that I was moving things around in my busy schedule. So buyer/trader beware. I can provide text conversation w/ anyone who would like to see it. Tried to leave out of the he said she said.

#1040538 - 05/09/16 08:14 PM Re: Oldman5 [Re: daddydubbs]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Pm sent to oldman5

Members that are not involved in this transaction are NOT allowed to reply.

Originally Posted By: daddydubbs
I contacted oldman5 about buying his s&w m&p shield. I ask if he had a cash price since he had the gun listed as a trade. He gave me a cash price. I countered with a offer. He excepted my offer and set a date and time to meet. We both agreed to time, place and cash amount. I sent out a text ten mins before meet time to confirm place. I got no response until the meet time saying that he no longer wanted sell the gun. After that all cummunication stopped. Normally I don't do negative feed back but I wanted to inform future interests about the type of seller/trader oldman5 is. If he no longer wanted to sell me the gun I completely understand. That is he right to do so. He could have informed me sooner knowing that I was moving things around in my busy schedule. So buyer/trader beware. I can provide text conversation w/ anyone who would like to see it. Tried to leave out of the he said she said.

#1040666 - 05/10/16 08:09 AM Re: Oldman5 [Re: daddydubbs]
oldman5 Offline
Addicted

Loc: va
City or County: spotsy
That entry should be nominated for the Newberry award for prized middle school literature. As you stated, the ad specified my desire to trade and that has not changed. You made a cash offer. I considered it for a brief period and then decided to keep my ad as intended; a trade. Nothing was set in stone for a meeting, as no one was inconvenienced. And if it is supposedly my right to deal with whom I want to deal with, as you so eloquently say, why the contradiction and sour grapes? I don't make it a habit to be coerced into selling anything or folding under the pressure after being threatened with bad feedback. The main thing here is you were set to get a very nice deal during brief negotiations and it did not pan out. You also made an offer and recanted a short time later. I did not feel slighted about the change of heart. Would you have posted feedback here over missing out on a potential deal in which you were not set to get the king's ransom? As I see it, I've done this great state and nation a service by not selling a firearm to a petulant child of whom it appears incapable of responsibly handling/owning a firearm of any type. I've said my spiel and spent time that I can never get back. For that, daddydubbs, I salute you.