Who's Online
11 registered (Falkov, dwight95, jhcom, Pfl13, KendrasEdge757, Scopebite, vash731, 4 invisible), 11 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1067602 - 07/13/16 11:10 PM Shocktop
Muleskinner Offline
Double barrel

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Fairfax
After having a deal confirmed by voice, meet set over phone, Shocktop fell through twice. First time he let me know he had to cancel the day of our meet - claims it was due to work which would be understandable, but it's remarkably like other less than glowing feedback he's gotten.

Meet was rescheduled for a week later. When pressed to confirm that he would be showing up this time he backed out. I wasted several opportunities to do other deals and schedule other things rather than meets he never followed through on.

He seemed nice enough via text for a while, but I, as a member without a single even mildly unpleasant deal here before and 100% positive feedbac, strongly advise other members to avoid Shocktop unless he's very local to you and the deal is done ASAP..

#1067640 - 07/14/16 08:07 AM Re: Shocktop [Re: Muleskinner]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to shocktop encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1067719 - 07/14/16 11:47 AM Re: Shocktop [Re: Muleskinner]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
This one is a little unusual in that there were two other members involved in this transaction, and so in the interest of a complete accounting of this failed transaction I am including their PMs to me.

Given everyone has had an opportunity to give their side, I am locking the thread and the readers can make an informed judgement from their responses.

Re: Negative feedback
Shocktop Offline
Addicted

Loc: Va Beach ( Kempsville )

Not sure what to make of this negative feedback. I agreed to meet someone from NoVa halfway, reluctanrly. And consequently, while trying to figure out logistics ( traffic ), didn't sell holding it for this gentleman. I've dealt with numerous Northern VA folks without a hitch before. This member, in the two weeks of correspondences, sometimes took a day to respond to my text messages, and yet I stayed patient. Even when he started spouting off expletives ( I didn't since I don't sink to that level ). I believe the malfunctions happened because he is just sooooo slow to respond. Reasoning with him is like he wouldn't even read the texts. Make no mistake, he roped in two other members in this fiasco. Both I'm sure will have the same comment.

As far as backing out of the deals as he claims, it was actually him that kept changing and re-configuring. Anyone that knows me, and has dealt with me knows I prefer streamlined no fuss no negotiation. Again I stayed patient, but once he called us liars and Jackrears, yes I did say I'm done. And anyone reading this far may ask, what was the misunderstanding. THIS MEMBER DOES NOT HAVE A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT. So we hesitated to sell him a firearm. Keyword hesitate. But after checking, and decided he's good to go, he's all bent out of shape that we questioned he's one of the good guys. I don't give a flying fish how well you present yourself as a qualified individual, but we have to do these deals do the T.
I have pages and pages of good feedback, and I take pride in them. This member has one page. The not so glowing ones that he's referring, as far as I'm concerned, they're all probably in the same circle of friends and thus probably think alike and insist the world can only reflect around them

Feedback regarding Shocktop
Koenreich Offline
Addicted

Loc: Hampton Roads

There's the link. There's more to it than muleskinner is letting on. As a part of their deal Shocktop agreed to mule an Aimpoint micro t2 to muleskinner for me.

Muleskinner told Shocktop that he had agreed on a price of $545 and was trying to negotiate for my Larue mount as well. That was a lie.

We had agreed on $600 and he never once mentioned my mount. He told me Shocktop ONLY HAD $545 on him so muleskinner was supposed to PayPal me another $55.

Both Shocktop and I have text messages to back this. I have no idea what happened between the two of them but now I can't even get a response from muleskinner.

Regarding negative feedback from Muleskinner to Shocktop...
Synapse Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Centreville

Good morning gentlemen,

I wanted to send you both a message regarding the member muleskinner. He put up some negative feedback against Shocktop that is simply not true. I know this as I was part of the deal as well. I have both texts of my own to muleskinner as well as screenshots of the correspondence between Shock and Mule. The deal was that Mule was going to take my X95 to Shock and Shock was going to do a trade deal with Mule. We tried to contact Mule numerous times after the initial deal was set to no response. Muleskinner was basically telling shock one thing and me another so that it would seem that me or shock was making the 3-way deal go bad. But Shock and I were sending each other screenshots of the correspondence. I really feel that shock doesn't deserve this particular negative feedback and based on the what mule posted, it seems he is trying to use shock's previous negative feedback as reference. I can't speak to the previous negative feedback however i can to this one. I can provide text messages that show and prove that shock was not in the wrong.