Who's Online
4 registered (Tripwire, dwight95, VA Jim, pgraber), 14 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1155537 - 02/09/17 03:42 AM riptide
JS_Russell Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Norfolk
Saw the AR pistol that James had for sale and sent him a text on Saturday, January 21st, to ask If it was still available. This was my first AR pistol much less first AR purchase in quite some time. He was quick to respond and answered all my questions.

We agreed to meet the next day and I drove from Virginia Beach to Newport News and met him at his home.

The transaction itself was smooth. He checked my ID's while I looked the pistol over as best I could in his garage and he told me how he had built it but never had a chance to use it and was selling it to put the money towards his boat. We concluded the transaction and I returned home and put the gun in my safe.

January 28th I was able to get out and test it out. First 5-6 rounds seem to fire fine but then I was having issues with the rounds feeding. Tried different mags and still had the same issue. Tried different brand ammo and still the same issue. Then it would fire every other round but only after ejecting the ones in between that wouldn't fire.

I didn't even get 20 rounds through the gun and just packed up and returned home.

Upon breaking it down and looking everything over I noticed the bcg rubbing in the chamber and also the barrel was loose. Once I took the handguard off, the barrel nut was able to come off by hand by just wiggling the barrel a bit. It was also ate up and the threads stripped. I only noticed that it was stripped because i could get it hand tight and the barrel wouldn't move but even putting the barrel nut tool on there and giving a little tourqe, it spun right around.

I sent James a message here because I couldn't locate his number in my phone that night and never got a response. I have since found his number and also sent another text with no response either. He has since been on here but offered no help or explanation.

Highly dissatisfied and wouldn't recommend any purchases from him.

Attachments
IMG_9364.JPG

Edited by JS_Russell (02/09/17 04:03 AM)

#1155831 - 02/09/17 05:19 PM Re: riptide [Re: JS_Russell]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to riptide encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln