Who's Online
8 registered (PMOORE, stangsandmore, larry1341, MetroBluing, John12, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1190844 - 04/26/17 10:49 PM TacoTuesday
springfielder Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Occoquan
No-showed twice on two different days. The first day, Monday, he said he was just running later than anticipated saying he was rear-ended. Sent him a text thanking him for letting me know and asking what his new ETA was, waited for over an hour texting him a couple times with no responses, until the following day when I sent him a message essentially saying I didn't appreciate the total lack of comms when he knew someone was waiting on him. He apologized and said if it the listing was still available he'd pick it up adding a little extra cash for the inconvenience. I told him I'd let him know if it was still available the next day, it was, and he said he'd drive down that evening. Three hours and a couple of text messages to him later, zero response again, once again a no-show.

I get that "life happens" but you can't just drop off the face of the earth when you've texted saying you're on your way making the other guy wait several hours. That happens once due to a car accident, okay, sure... Twice? Come on.

Edited by springfielder (04/26/17 10:49 PM)

#1190848 - 04/26/17 11:04 PM Re: TacoTuesday [Re: springfielder]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Pm sent to TacoTuesday

Only members involved in this transaction is allowed to reply here.

Originally Posted By: springfielder
No-showed twice on two different days. The first day, Monday, he said he was just running later than anticipated saying he was rear-ended. Sent him a text thanking him for letting me know and asking what his new ETA was, waited for over an hour texting him a couple times with no responses, until the following day when I sent him a message essentially saying I didn't appreciate the total lack of comms when he knew someone was waiting on him. He apologized and said if it the listing was still available he'd pick it up adding a little extra cash for the inconvenience. I told him I'd let him know if it was still available the next day, it was, and he said he'd drive down that evening. Three hours and a couple of text messages to him later, zero response again, once again a no-show.

I get that "life happens" but you can't just drop off the face of the earth when you've texted saying you're on your way making the other guy wait several hours. That happens once due to a car accident, okay, sure... Twice? Come on.