Who's Online
10 registered (500mag, Chatton, Too, vanavyman, Com 45acp, 5 invisible), 12 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#410536 - 10/24/12 11:22 AM marc damron
bschm003 Offline
1.21 gigawatts

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Suffolk, Newport News
By no means am I trying to trash talk about this individual but I feel that this information should be shared.

I had set up an arrangement to meet up with this individual to purchase a firearm that he was selling. I was traveling from Richmond to Va Beach and was not available until the weekend. We had discussed meeting times and locations on a Wednesday to meet that Saturday (3 days later). I did not try to negotiate a price as seeing it was a fair offer and simply stated "I'll take it" after we set up the time and place. I was getting ready to leave my apartment in Richmond and make a stop by the bank before I headed on Friday when I shot him a text to confirm that we were still on for tomorrow. I got a reply back stating that he had sold it the day before (Thursday) after we had already planned out a deal.

I do want it noted that this was not my sale and he can conduct business any way he feels. With that said, I do feel jaded towards any future deals with this individual to the point that I do not recommend him as a seller to any one unless it is a "once in a lifetime" deal. I know I will catch flack but still want my voice to be heard. If there are any questions on the subject matter or want any further details to this, feel free to PM me.

As always, take care and God bless.

#410542 - 10/24/12 11:36 AM Re: marc damron [Re: bschm003]
v8unleashed Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: nova
City or County: nova
Sounds like you had an "I'll take it," a time, and a place, meaning you had a deal. I guess we can hear what he has to say, but it doesn't sound like there's much of "his side" to the story.

It's a shame we have people like this on the boards. You can rest assured that...........NOTHING will be done about it.

#410624 - 10/24/12 02:45 PM Re: marc damron [Re: bschm003]
Stang0920 Offline
Mod Squad

Loc: Virginia Beach.
City or County: Virginia Beach
WOW v8 thanks for the faith you put in the staff and all the work we do behind the scenes. I have sent a pm to marc damron for a response.

#410823 - 10/24/12 08:15 PM Re: marc damron [Re: bschm003]
mbecken Offline
Target Shooter

Loc: Ashland, VA
City or County: Hanover
I'd be pretty pissed if this happened to me. Thank goodness you contacted him and didn't waste a trip down to VA Beach to get something that was already sold. IMHO, a deal was set and he should have contacted you when he wanted to change the deal. Thanks for posting this information. At the end of the day, all you have is your word and reputation. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Character matters, folks. bschm003, kudos to you for a thoughtful post. I wouldn't have been nearly as nice (or articulate)!

#410946 - 10/25/12 02:46 AM Re: marc damron [Re: bschm003]
bschm003 Offline
1.21 gigawatts

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Suffolk, Newport News
Gentlemen of VaGT (to the utmost definition), I thank you for support. I do want to say that the transaction terms are not 100% clear, even to me, but I do understand that if he needed the money right there an then is completely understandable. If that was the case, such as with a member selling off his collection for a procedure for his dog, then it is certainly justifiable. Needless to say though, I was "miffed" to say the least.

mbecken & stang, I've had transactions with you before in the past, as anyone can see from previous posts, but I do want it noted that I always try to leave positive feedback to who so ever I deal with. This is just one of the of instances that I have come across with the members of this site.

I hope that any one who reads this will learn from this instance and at least offer an explanation before proceeding down this course of action. I try to conduct any business here as a gentleman, meaning my word is my bond. I understand not everyone does this but with feedback from other members saying thus, that I hold you accountable for any actions that say other wise.

#411198 - 10/25/12 03:16 PM Re: marc damron [Re: bschm003]
marc damron Offline
Bolt action

Loc: virginia , US
City or County: virginia beach
sorry but this was a first come first serve on the hand gun. i work at a pawn shop where i hear everyday "im coming in to pay on my stuff" and half the time people dont show up.

i could not hold the gun for someone that was 3 days out and might not show up when i have a guy in front of me with cash ready to buy.
like i said in the email sorry for the inconvenience

#411210 - 10/25/12 03:43 PM Re: marc damron [Re: marc damron]
v8unleashed Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: nova
City or County: nova
Originally Posted By: marc damron
sorry but this was a first come first serve on the hand gun. i work at a pawn shop where i hear everyday "im coming in to pay on my stuff" and half the time people dont show up.

i could not hold the gun for someone that was 3 days out and might not show up when i have a guy in front of me with cash ready to buy.

Did you or did you not set up a TIME and a PLACE to meet with him? If so, you have no business being on this site.

We do not do "first come first served" listings here. You are free to choose whatever buyer you want, but once you strike a deal, that's it. Not to mention, your ad says NOTHING about "first come first served." You cannot make things up as you go along.

What's amazing is you didn't even bother to tell him you had backed out of the deal and sold the gun! What if he had got in his car and driven all the way to your meet? "Sorry for the inconvenience" ???

#411216 - 10/25/12 03:54 PM Re: marc damron [Re: bschm003]
450racer1 Offline
2nd place is the 1st loser

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Stafford
^^^^ amen lol what a joke.

#411223 - 10/25/12 04:22 PM Re: marc damron [Re: marc damron]
CheroHunt Offline
Another old, not old guy

Loc: Midlothian, VA
City or County: Chesterfield
Originally Posted By: marc damron

If you're going to do a first come first serve deal, then you should post it as such. If you couldn't hold it for him after agreeing to do so, then why did you agree to it? Then, after you have agreed to a deal and sold the gun to someone else, you could have had the balls to call the guy and tell him. C'mon man!! That's just common courtesy.

Go back to the pawn shop and stay there.

#411241 - 10/25/12 04:55 PM Re: marc damron [Re: bschm003]
marc damron Offline
Bolt action

i have learned my lesson and wont do it again.

thanks u for the lesson

#411242 - 10/25/12 04:56 PM Re: marc damron [Re: CheroHunt]
marc damron Offline
Bolt action

no need to be rude

#411243 - 10/25/12 04:56 PM Re: marc damron [Re: bschm003]
JG Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Tidewater/HamptonRoads area
City or County: Tidewater/HamptonRoads area
Both parties have responded. Topic locked.