Who's Online
5 registered (JimRose80, carpetmuncher, Bullet41, SmoothJimmyApollo, Parsons), 7 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#877196 - 03/26/15 05:54 PM Mountainmark
hunting7 Offline
Addicted

Loc: West Point
City or County: West Point
Mountainmark and I agreed on a trade with cash. My sks and extra stock for his taurus 380 pistol and $75. He lives in Louden and I in Henrico, and agreed to meet in Charlottesville at 9:30. I made a family outing of it and figured after the exchange the money would cover entry for the wife and kids to tour Monticello. Meeting at the college parking lot nearby, he rushed the deal stating that campus security had questioned him and he thought it best to quickly depart. In an effort to comply, I forgot the cash until arriving to buy our tickets. A call, then text was given and ignored. So I then sent him a pm. Late that night he replied and asked for my address to mail the funds. 10 days have passed and no $$, he has listed the gun and stock for sale, however when qustioned about the money, he says the gun is only good for parts. I shot the gun numerous times without issue. He is not a man of his word! If a lanky guy in a beat up green chevy s10 shows up, be weary. Oh and if the sks is so defective, don't buy it.

Attachments
image.jpg

#877219 - 03/26/15 06:18 PM Re: Mountainmark [Re: hunting7]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to Mountainmark Inviting him to respond

Others not involved in this transaction ARE NOT TO RESPOND

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#877301 - 03/26/15 08:49 PM Re: Mountainmark [Re: hunting7]
mountainmark Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia USA
City or County: Amherst
Raining that morning...lightly. He, Tony, repped his rifle as in good condition. Minevwas in new condition. I trusted him and did not scrutinize closely his rifle. Got home. Took it apart. Cleaned it (quite dirty inside). Reassembled, noticing the gas tube bracket on barrel was canted quite bad. So was the front sight. Then I shot it. I played hell getting it to seat a round in the barrel bore. The bolt slide and receiver have a hitch in it that made it very difficult to get the bolt to fully close. I feel Tony misrepresented his offering to me whereas mine was EXACTLY as stated.

I have repaired the rifle. But that is not indicative of what one would expect to have to do with a gun repped as 'good to go' and cleaned/oiled. Live and learn. Both people involved have a bitter residue in their mouths.

Tony also failed to disclose the trigger assembly had been drilled, where the stock's spring is seated, to release the trigger assembly. Trigger itself almost was inoperative...the pull was almost to the rear of the guard before engagement. I expect an honest representation which was not provided.

Fortunately for me, I have a mill, lathe, tig and mig welder in my garage. I would never do the repairs for $75 pay however.

It is interesting how karma sometimes is meted out.

#877364 - 03/26/15 11:13 PM Re: Mountainmark [Re: hunting7]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded .... thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln