Who's Online
13 registered (hoyt em, VA2A33, jmcdonaldva1, 28PercentAPRMustang, Jake3, wmike24, 2022runner, golfdog, Amelia_Patriot, sixshot, cadi86, 2 invisible), 13 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#986734 - 12/26/15 09:38 PM Badcompany G23 -1
DieselRock Offline
Is Mildly Proficient At Karate

Loc: Chesterfield
City or County: RVA area
Picked up a AR pistol from badcompany g23 today, seemed to be a pretty nice deal but then found the following issues with it:

1. The gas block looks like it has some leakage, and fouling around it.
2. Gas system is mid length in this one, their description says carbine length.
3. Barrel is a stainless, 223 WYLDE marked with no twist rate marking. They say theirs has the land edge 5.56 NATO 1/7 twist marked, black nitrited barrel. – this one is also a 1:8 twist, the barrel looks like it is a midstate barrel. (again, not as advertised)
4. the Barrel nut is not torqued correctly and can be hand moved.
5. The flash hider isn't tightened correctly.
6. Gas block is crooked.

Edit to add: After getting the forearm off, the parts are loosely put together, there are blood stains on the gas block and barrel as well, and the top rail on the upper and the fore arm have a deep gash where you can see someone tried to adjust the gas block and bit into it, Wade told me that "I had an eotech on it and it tore it up when i took it off". Lesson learned for me, Wade, your integrity should be worth more than the few hundred dollars you took from me on your rigged up rifle. There is NO way AT ALL a reputable company would slop together something like this.

FOLKS, STAY AWAY FROM THIS TRADER/SELLER, JUDGING FROM THE PARTS THAT ARE IN THIS GUN AND HOW IT WAS SLOPPED TOGETHER I PERSONALLY BELIEVE HE IS LYING TO ME ABOUT GETTING IT FROM REV! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY HE COULD HAVE MISSED THIS!!!

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/985659/ http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/985659/

Text of Ad:

I have an ar 15 Pistol with a sig arm brace for sale. It has a REV arms 10.5 in. Upper. The link for it is below. It has an Anderson lower with Anderson lower kit. Comes with 1 mag and the mag pul flip up sights. Had 100 flawless rounds down the tube. Asking 900 obo. Sorry no trades at this time unless its a DDM4 v11 lw.
[url= http://rev-arms.com/collections/upper-receivers/products/gen-i-556-223-pistol-upper] http://rev-arms.com/collections/upper-receivers/products/gen-i-556-223-pistol-upper[/url]

http://rev-arms.com/collections/upper-receivers/products/gen-i-556-223-pistol-upper

I have reached out to him asking to reverse the exchange. ‘

Here is the dialog:

Me:
Did you say this upper was made by rev?  This has a midlength gas system and the ones on the sight say Carbine , also the barrel is marked 223 Wylde not 5.56 nato and there looks like there is some fouling and gas leakage around the gas stop

and on top of that the rail system isn’t properly mounted, it moves to the 11 o’clock

Him:

Hey man yeah it's a complete rev upper that I bought from a gun show. That upper was a little bit of an upgraded upper with the midlength gas system the barrel which is 1.8 in wylde and the nickel boron bolt
Me:

the rail system also isn’t mounted correctly see the picture above.

did you buy it from REV?

or from someone claiming it was made by REV?

him:

Yeah I bought it from there booth. I don't know about the rail system I've never seen it do that

Me:

it was a little off, so went to look at it and it turned with almost no pressure at all.

the barrel nut is loose.  

I need to go ahead and get my money back man.  

It will cost me too much to fix this.

that should have been torqued at 35lbs.   there should be no way at all that i could turn that back by hand if it had been done correctly.  

Please let me know your intentions.

Him: (Last response from him)

From what you told me nothing needs to be fixed? Tighten down on the barrel nut and it should be fine?

Me:

So, you’re saying that a gun that i bought from you that was advertised as good condition, I should have to fix it?  I don’t know what damage has been done to it by being fired 100 times without having been properly assembled.    There is too much wrong with it for me to be comfortable with it.  I am asking once more for you to make it right, since it is not as advertised.    

I have an ar 15 Pistol with a sig arm brace for sale. It has a REV arms 10.5 in. Upper. The link for it is below. It has an Anderson lower with Anderson lower kit. Comes with 1 mag and the mag pul flip up sights. Had 100 flawless rounds down the tube. Asking 900 obo. Sorry no trades at this time unless its a DDM4 v11 lw.

http://rev-arms.com/collections/upper-receivers/products/gen-i-556-223-pistol-upper

no where in the ad did you say that it had “upgrades”  you just listed that the link was what you were selling.    

I take your lack of response as a no ?

Folks, steer clear of Wade, I guess in his mind it is okay to sell something that isn’t assembled correctly.

I have had some bunk deals on here a few times, but have never left feedback, however, this time around, I got a complete lemon and the only response I got was that I should fix it myself, more or less.

Hopefully he comes to his senses and makes it right and I can change this feedback.

another edit to add: I sent over the same requests, asking that he do the right thing, they show as read by him, yet no response. After asking for my money back, he quit responding to texts as well. At this point, i am looking for ways to fix this Piece of Crap excuse for a build to at least safe some face out of the deal, since it is obvious Wade isnt going to do the right thing.

Edit to Add: Reached out to him this morning, asking for him to at least give me part of the money back to cover the difference in the barrel which isnt what he said it is, and the parts/time to fix the messed up stuff. No word back yet. Will see what he does.

Edited by DieselRock (12/27/15 08:32 AM)

#986742 - 12/26/15 09:56 PM Re: Badcompany G23 -1 [Re: DieselRock]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
PM sent to Badcompany G23 -1 for reply. Others not involved in this transaction are not to respond here.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#986863 - 12/27/15 11:02 AM Re: Badcompany G23 -1 [Re: DieselRock]
badcompany g23 Offline
Come and Take Em`

Loc: Richmond
City or County: chester
Joe and I are working to resolve this misunderstanding via phone conversation. It seems REV firearms has some questions to anwser.

Sig or Glock in 10mm
Threaded bolt gun
Threaded lever gun
High end AR 15s or 5.56 rifles
9mm Glocks and H&KS
Newer Acog or Aimpoint

#986904 - 12/27/15 12:23 PM Re: Badcompany G23 -1 [Re: DieselRock]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded ... thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln