Who's Online
19 registered (Spare, FEgg, fmanan, Safegun, Exodra, Racin Junkie, Colin3859272619406, 28PercentAPRMustang, GoHawks, weez3006, Paul4737, sharpies1911, Gkimon, Blackriflesmatter43, 5 invisible), 12 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1281435 - 11/19/17 10:40 AM Mailk
SuzyKyoo Offline
Raised, Dubbed, and Created

Loc: NoVA and Nomadic
City or County: Virginia
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PERSON ! His name is Malik, and he has contacted me several times through both Armslist and here on VGT attempting to buy .45 handguns. The first two times he contacted me through AL to purchase a Springfield XDS in .45acp. We agreed to meet after he confirmed he had a valid VA ID and a CCW. He showed up the the meeting in a car with expired DC license plates, and had a newly-issued VA ID. When asked he claimed he recently moved in with his grandmother. He couldn't provide a CCW, even though he previously stated he had one. He couldn't find his voter registration card, and when I used my smart phone to go to the voter verification site and asked him to enter in his SSN to verify he's registered to vote, he became afflicted with amnesia and couldn't remember his SSN. He told me he was going back home to get his voters registration card, and when I called three hours later to ask if he was coming back to meet up (I drove to meet with him) he was watching the game on TV and couldn't be bothered. That right there was strikes 1, 2, and 3 with me. Swore I'd ignore any future communication from him and marked his number as DNA (do not answer) in my phone.

Flash forward two weeks. He contacts me AGAIN via AL, using the same name, email address, and phone number, asking again about the XDS .45. He didn't realize it was my ad, so when I greeted him by name and asked him if he found a way to verify non-felon status, he broke contact.

Flash forward to this past Tuesday(14 NOV). A brand new user named Mailk pops up on VGT, and he messages me within an hour of joining and asks about my Glock 30. He doesn't realize it's me, and sends me a text message - FROM THE SAME PHONE NUMBER that I have entered as Malik LNU DNA in my phone. So I figured why not, let's have some fun. We go through all the same discussions as we've had in the past, and this time around he claims he lost his ID and has a copy of it. Still hasn't registered to vote, and doesn't have a CCW (wait - you said you did???). He claims to be a D.C. firefighter, so I said okay, I know they don't hire felons. Do you have a firefighter's ID or can you show me a pay stub ? He says he doesn't want to share a paystub for confidentiality concerns. So I say no worries, I don't need to know nor do I care about how much you make or how much the District of Communism takes in taxes. You can black that out, I just need to know it's YOU, and that would satisfy me as something remotely resembling proof of employment and non-felon status.....and for the third time he broke contact.

Mods, I have our entire conversation history of text messages saved and am more than happy to share them, however it will be a lot of screen shots and will exceed both the limit for number of pictures and the size limit. Plz let me know how best to proceed.

This kid is brazen, and he is stupid. He has no regard for the law and doesn't seem to care that the activity in which he is engaging could result in a felony conviction.
VTBodybuilder
Workaholic

#1281550 - 11/19/17 03:21 PM Re: Mailk [Re: SuzyKyoo]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to Mailk HIGHLY encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1281562 - 11/19/17 03:44 PM Re: Mailk [Re: SuzyKyoo]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Thank you for helping to protect other members and the site from potential illegal activities.

Member has been banned.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln