Who's Online
10 registered (Chingon, Beekeeping1341, SSGWilson, vafred, Ksd1911, red3, JakeBenjis, disposablehero, smokem, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2061405 - 10/28/23 09:19 PM Mike_N
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Ffx County unfortunately
He had an ad i was interested in.

Pm’ed to try and meetup to conduct a deal and comms became super wonky out of nowhere. Was trying to figure out a time, gave my number, and dude said thanks and removed himself? Then took ad down.

Either part of alphabet crew fishing or trying to get phone number for spam, maybe?

#2061625 - 10/29/23 05:20 PM Re: Michael_Nicolia [Re: The Corps]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: The Corps
He had an ad i was interested in.

Pm’ed to try and meetup to conduct a deal and comms became super wonky out of nowhere. Was trying to figure out a time, gave my number, and dude said thanks and removed himself? Then took ad down.

Either part of alphabet crew fishing or trying to get phone number for spam, maybe?

MESSAGE SENT TO Michael_Nicolia FOR RESPONSE. OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT TO RESPOND HERE.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#2061680 - 10/29/23 08:08 PM Re: Michael_Nicolia [Re: The Corps]
Mike_N Offline
Rookie Shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax
Sorry, first time trying to sell this stuff. I am a total rookie an this, explained that in my posts. I know better now. Sorry if I caused confusion, but I have been given some good advice from a few members and I will take that to heart.

Yes, I did respond to the PM sent by "The Corps" and I clearly stated that we could meet up, but the potential buyer said the soonest he could meet was October 30th or 31st. Sorry for the confusion. I am new to this and as such a "rookie" and just figuring out how to navigate the site and gun rules in Virginia.

He indicated that he was interested and asked if we could meet-up at Outdoor Arms on October 30th or31st and would "make an appointment". I told him that there several responses to the post and that he was the second person to say they wanted it (some posts just asked me to drop the price). I didn't know if it was real or a scam as this is the very first time I have ever used VaGunTrader and I didn't know this guy at all.

He PM'd me a phone number and I texted my info, no response. The first guy that responded to the post indicated he could meet up right away, had a FFL and was interested. I had explained to everyone that responded to the post that I would let them know if it sold before they could make arrangements to meet, first come first served kind of thing. I also explained that there was a ton of interest in the item. I never heard back from the guy and the gun sold the very same day I posted it. I didn't know I had removed myself from the conversation, but apparently I did. It sold on the 28th. And I don't know what an "alphabet crew" is as he suggested, but I am not part of any crew. When I PM'd him that the gun was sold he was rude and harassed me with the "I though we had a deal" line and then left negative feedback. At no time did I tell this guy "we had a deal".

I do not exactly know why the guy had "sour grapes" but I feel that I did the best I could to inform all of the folks that responded to the post. I'm sure this is not typical behavior of folks in this group, all the other people understood my PM's and were gracious about not being able to by the gun. I do feel bad the guy didn't get what he wanted. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings about the chain of events.

I'm not a scammer, just a rookie, I got some really good advice from a few members and have taken that advice. Hope this explains my position. I will be more thoughtful and precise in future conversations.

Edited by Michael_Nicolia (10/29/23 09:24 PM)

#2061681 - 10/29/23 08:10 PM Re: Michael_Nicolia [Re: Mike_N]
ajmoog Offline
Addicted

City or County: Yorktown
Alphabet crew =ATF /FBI, and other lettered agency of the feds..
just FYI..

#2061684 - 10/29/23 08:23 PM Re: Michael_Nicolia [Re: ajmoog]
Mike_N Offline
Rookie Shooter

LOL... none of those, just an old dude getting rid of a bunch of stuff I received in a family estate. First time trying this, not a great experience with this guy that left me "negative feedback", but you can't please everyone.

Truly sorry for any confusion it might have caused. I didn't even know I "exited the conversation".

#2061764 - 10/30/23 07:29 AM Re: Michael_Nicolia [Re: The Corps]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Ffx County unfortunately
I had never received a text on my end. He might’ve fat-fingered it or dialed it wrong. Also, was not trying to harass ya, dont get your panties in a twist. I was following-up as you had all of a sudden removed yourself from the message thread. No sour grapes here bub, just didnt know what was going on as i thought we were both making arrangements and you suddenly vanished.

I never said 30th or 31st, i was trying to meet up that same day.

Giving member benefit of doubt and reclaiming negative feedback if possible.

Might have just been miscommunication and overwhelming load of pm’s from other members.

The Corps:
Ok, 200 works! I can't help but to try and haggle. When
can we meet up?

Michael_ Nicolia:
Later today at Outdoor Arms. I can find it, but I have
never been there. I assume they have to do the transfer?

The Corps:
Yup, that's correct. Its a home based FFL. Text for faster comms if u dnt mind.
703-xxx-xxxx (blocked out)

Michael Nicolia Thanks, appreciate it

Michael Nicolia Michael_Nicolia has removed themself from this topic.

#2061770 - 10/30/23 07:58 AM Re: Michael_Nicolia [Re: The Corps]
Mike_N Offline
Rookie Shooter

Sounds good, sorry we could not make the deal and the miscommunication.

Like I said I am new to this whole thing (and apparently I priced this one wrong) so there is that. I had so many responses - some were legit, some were not (I assume). As a side note, I have a ton of music gear and dealing with musicians trying to sell stuff is a nightmare, so maybe I was a bit jaded by those experiences (yes I am a musician as well).

I'm not a gun guy, I inherited this stuff and don't want it. The only time I ever fired a gun was in boot camp in 1976 at Great Lakes, never fired one again. Now I have a bunch of stuff I don't want and it seams nobody else wants either.

Edited by Michael_Nicolia (10/30/23 08:01 AM)