Who's Online
12 registered (Reservoir_Dog, MHG, PanzerJager107, JND, outlawstar76, Walchli01, jen22, Tpav, toscano, JackMan66, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2074031 - 12/09/23 01:00 PM Trader from Franklin County
TonyAR308 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Roanoke
City or County: Roanoke
Yesterday I responded via text first, which I usually never do but I was looking at VAGT on my phone, reference to a trade for a Tikka 223. The post also had a 30-06, Savage I believe for trade. I typically respond to the post from VAGT because like to have a record of initial contact in case VAGT needs to know about something sketch but this time I did not follow my own protocol. I won't post the phone number in case this was just a mis-understanding or LE attempt to catch some illegal activity but I will contact LE to see if anything can be done.

Today I received a call about the trade apparently from the person from the post and it was a male who stated he was 18 and could have his father complete the FFL paperwork for the trade. I immediately refused the trade and after sitting here thinking about the entire conversation I think he may have also stated he traded the firearm several months ago and I don't know why I am thinking this but he may have been indicating he did not do paperwork on that trade. I now cannot find the post to report it to VAGT but that too is confusing because it shouldn't have been removed that quickly.

Maybe I am just upset that a 18 year old tried to obtain a pistol from me and maybe this is just a young person needing education about legally obtaining firearms but this needs to get out to the VAGT community.

If this was LE on the site, good job checking for illegal activity....

#2074394 - 12/10/23 02:45 PM Re: Trader from Franklin County [Re: TonyAR308]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
18-20yr can legally purchase handguns from Private parties.

Easiest way is to do it at a GunShow W/ VSP.

For now FFL sales are on hold:
https://youtu.be/gXgccJQ9uBw?si=mVmekqAOwGyLAKnd
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#2078110 - 12/22/23 07:14 PM Re: Trader from Franklin County [Re: TonyAR308]
TonyAR308 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Roanoke
City or County: Roanoke
If this post is in anyway incorrect I ask the Mods to remove. I do not want to give mis-information.

This was a sketchy deal and wasn't completed but that was my call and I am comfortable with it.