Who's Online
9 registered (Falkov, THUMPER580, Tylerjb4, dillon, shenlon, Tan41, mountainman54, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1633653 - 05/08/20 01:54 PM Just a question
Goldie2 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Charlottesville
City or County: Charlottesville
Several days ago I saw an ad for an item that interested me. Seller stated WTS or Trade. I made an offer of several possible trades and after a couple days had not heard back so I queried him asking if he had at least seem my offers. Nada. So yesterday I Pm'd and Emailed saying "OK Ill just give you cash, when can we meet?" As of today, still NADA.

He's been a member for quite a while and has many positive feedbacks.

My question is, how long should I wait and if I dont hear anything should I leave negative feedback or just blow it off. I dont want to do go negative but it is just courtesy to at least acknowledge an interested buyer.

#1633656 - 05/08/20 02:00 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Goochland
What are you going to say with negative feedback, it's not like they jad a deal setup with you already and didn't show?

#1633657 - 05/08/20 02:08 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
Goldie2 Offline
Marksman

Just that they were discourteous in bit bothering to reply at all?

#1633660 - 05/08/20 02:18 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Originally Posted By: Goldie2
Several days ago I saw an ad for an item that interested me. Seller stated WTS or Trade. I made an offer of several possible trades and after a couple days had not heard back so I queried him asking if he had at least seem my offers. Nada. So yesterday I Pm'd and Emailed saying "OK Ill just give you cash, when can we meet?" As of today, still NADA.

He's been a member for quite a while and has many positive feedbacks.

My question is, how long should I wait and if I dont hear anything should I leave negative feedback or just blow it off. I dont want to do go negative but it is just courtesy to at least acknowledge an interested buyer.

This is dumb. This thread will probably get deleted since it's not what the negative feedback section is for. Maybe he doesn't want to acknowledge you because he doesn't like your offer. Maybe he doesn't like your screen name, who knows. There is no rule that says he has to respond to your PM. Not acknowledging a PM isn't something I personally would do, but it's not a good reason for negative feedback.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1633661 - 05/08/20 02:23 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Verylargeboots]
Goldie2 Offline
Marksman

Its not dumb, its just a question. Dumb is your calling it dumb. Of course its his right not to respond but to me its discourteous. But at least you responded with a reasonable comment, out side of your first 3 words.

#1633670 - 05/08/20 02:54 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
Its not dumb, its just a question. Dumb is your calling it dumb. Of course its his right not to respond but to me its discourteous. But at least you responded with a reasonable comment, out side of your first 3 words.

Many reasons why a person may not respond. Usual reason is that they are too busy or have a deal in the works.

Not a legit reason to leave negative feedback.

#1633677 - 05/08/20 03:02 PM Re: Just a question [Re: nvcdl]
Goldie2 Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: nvcdl

Many reasons why a person may not respond. Usual reason is that they are too busy or have a deal in the works.

Not a legit reason to leave negative feedback.

Thanks, thats what I was looking for. Still seems rude not to at least acknowledge an inquiry.

#1633679 - 05/08/20 03:08 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
Va Hunter Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Drakes Branch
City or County: Charlotte
I have that happen a few times. Here's a good one though. I replied to an ad telling the person I'd take it and asked where he wanted to meet. I was giving him his asking price and fully expected to meet him where he wanted. His reply " You are too far away." and removed himself from the conversation.

#1633775 - 05/08/20 05:51 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Va Hunter]
Goldie2 Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: Va Hunter
I have that happen a few times. Here's a good one though. I replied to an ad telling the person I'd take it and asked where he wanted to meet. I was giving him his asking price and fully expected to meet him where he wanted. His reply " You are too far away." and removed himself from the conversation.

LOL sd

#1633776 - 05/08/20 05:57 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

City or County: Lynchburg

I smell a snowflake

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1633784 - 05/08/20 06:21 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

City or County: 22973
IMHO, you aren't doing yourself any favors by complaining that someone didn't respond to your pm's.
It probably has happen to almost everyone here, at least once if they been here long enough.

Dealing with rude folks is part of life, most of the time you sux it up and move on, do the same here.

If it bothers you that much.
Don't deal with them in the future, is the best advice I can give you.

However, I would phantom many will be adding you to their DND with list. They are going to view this post as whiny and petty.

The member didn't wrong you in any way!
He/she has no obligation to communicate with you, though it may be rude.. it's not wrong.

Please do yourself a favor and move on from this.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1633788 - 05/08/20 06:37 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
Tyronyglock40man Offline
NO TIME FOR “WOKE” JOKE UNICORN FOLK

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Capital of the Confederacy Richmond-Williamsburg area
Yep this has happened to everybody , some people just are not courteous but yes if it’s that bad I’d just put them on the “do not deal with” list . You will learn that when it comes to the world of sales and wheeling and dealing , some people aren’t cut out for it .
All a media crap show

RIP LAKEN RILEY

FJB

It will always be Forts Lee AP Hill Bragg Pickett Benning Gordon and Hood

DEO VINDICE !!!!!!!!!!

#1633791 - 05/08/20 06:48 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
SteakFarmer Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Fauquier
City or County: Warrenton
Negative feed back is only for deals gone bad.

To be a deal a price and transfer location must be agreed to.
However, "I'll take it" is a deal maker even without a location.

#1633977 - 05/09/20 05:08 AM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Rappahannock County
City or County: Rappahannock County
Lol even when you have positive feedback from 170 members and have been a fixture on the site for years, people wont return your PM's. Get used to it.

#1634057 - 05/09/20 09:28 AM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
What Goldie is saying is that he does not abide rudeness in a man... or woman.

Got it...

This site is rampant with ever worsening rudeness.

My advice is to proceed any way you see fit... screw any opinion that differs from your instinct...

Golf Foxtrot Yankee anyone trying to bend you to comply with their mandates.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1634375 - 05/09/20 08:09 PM Re: Just a question [Re: Goldie2]
w.parker Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Culpeper
City or County: culpeper
I second what Cash said, GFY , too many people have an opinion on what YOU should say, do , feel , act , etc.etc.
You do you , for you ! Life is short and in the end it won't matter a bit ....