Who's Online
14 registered (Deadzone, Bigj536, jaredsmiz757, JND, DCFD4, Boomer0828, Drifter, cadi86, ttran, Ayal, guns85, wrickster, 40thAlabama, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1637167 - 05/16/20 12:53 PM anybody else notice..........
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
.................the hilarious similarity of the Space Force logo to a well-known francise?Wonder if the Roddenberry estate will sue!

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1637180 - 05/16/20 01:37 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Goochland
Usually when people post stuff like this they would insert a link to show everyone exactly what they were making reference to.

#1637215 - 05/16/20 03:21 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Just another of dustys stabs at trump

#1637240 - 05/16/20 04:24 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
It's an homage to Star Trek IMHO. I'm sure the people involved in the program are fans of the series.

#1637256 - 05/16/20 05:39 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: imaduckin]
dustydog Offline

Originally Posted By: imaduckin
Just another of dustys stabs at trump

Nah,not worth the poke,duckin.Just know that the Roddenberry franchise is pretty jealous of image content/property.Wanna bet all you can eat at NANNY'S barbeque when they reopen?

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

#1637287 - 05/16/20 07:52 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Actually, it's the other way around, and then around again, kind of.

The Star Trek emblem is takeoff on the early NASA emblems, and US Air Force Space Command which was split out from USAF Strategic Command and Systems Command in the early 1980s had a similar logo but on a Shield not a Circle.

Likewise...there were many US Enterprise ships of the line throughout history.

#1637368 - 05/17/20 02:18 AM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: Mark S]
cadi86 Online   mad
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Cape Charles,Va
City or County: Northampton
Originally Posted By: Mark S
Actually, it's the other way around, and then around again, kind of.

The Star Trek emblem is takeoff on the early NASA emblems, and US Air Force Space Command which was split out from USAF Strategic Command and Systems Command in the early 1980s had a similar logo but on a Shield not a Circle.

Likewise...there were many US Enterprise ships of the line throughout history.

Thank you for actual information/history

Edited by cadi86 (05/17/20 02:19 AM)

#1638390 - 05/19/20 03:53 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
ronin7015 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Hanover
I think they would only have an issue if they called it Star Fleet, and everyone wore red shirts ~lol~.

#1638413 - 05/19/20 04:38 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

RED SHIRTS???????????????NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIFE EXPECTANCY DROPS TO ZERO BY EPISODE 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1638435 - 05/19/20 05:46 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Originally Posted By: dustydog
RED SHIRTS???????????????NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIFE EXPECTANCY DROPS TO ZERO BY EPISODE 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your talent is totally wasted here. You should work for the government.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1638495 - 05/19/20 08:28 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline

Originally Posted By: Cash is King

Your talent is totally wasted here. You should work for the government.

Cash,your lack of a sense of humor may be your most endearing trait.Sorry,the government tried between '75 and '86 with no sucess;why should it matter now? Just "shooting over bait
" in my world-veiw.

ANYHOW,as we may be seeing the end of this site(or morphing into something else),perhaps you should understand how good you make me and my ideas look.

First:I have a sense of humor so dry you could use it to store cartridges for a century.Yours on the otherhand reeks of the high school locker room,which you never outgrew.

Second:My knowledge of firearms comes from both use and direct knowledge from working in the industry.A friend at work(former Ranger) after reading one of your posts muttered something about "keyboard commando" or somesuch. I think I and others understand what he meant.

Third: Nature is taking a swing at us as a species,and if your 401k is taking a hit,tough.Us working folks have little sympathy. In some ways you seem like the 40something kid who left work over 2 months ago,convinced that the virus was a hoax/engineered to waste "white people". He left his toolbox,it was wheeled into the storage shed two weeks ago.

Learn to laugh at yourself a little,cash.You need to.AND if you can't would you kindly kiss my hairy red ***.

cordialy,dustydog

#1638498 - 05/19/20 08:41 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Dusty...

Genius... pure genius...

Or what is left after the honey dipper is done.

#1638505 - 05/19/20 08:56 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline

Dusty...

Genius... pure genius...

Or what is left after the honey dipper is done.

and you,wee lttle cash,never fail to dissapoint.

#1638510 - 05/19/20 09:07 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

...never fail to dissapoint.

Jose behind the 7-Eleven will give you $4.11 to never disappoint. You might want to bring some Listerine.

#1638524 - 05/19/20 10:05 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline

...never fail to dissapoint.

Jose behind the 7-Eleven will give you $4.11 to never disappoint. You might want to bring some Listerine.

I think I may be starting to understand your motivations,cash.Let's address these issues:

The facination with a homoerotic encounter,have you acted on the fantasy(infered by your knowledge of where and who) ?Has it been with a Latino(infered by name)? Did you swallow or spit(infered by Listerine).I'm sure everyone would like to hear the truth.Have you come to grips with your nature after said encounter?

god,you must be boring if you are still chasing this thread

dustydog

#1638547 - 05/19/20 11:04 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

DAMN... I have missed you Dusty...

#1638708 - 05/20/20 10:55 AM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

BTW... I would like to meet your Army Ranger friend sometime. I bet you he's genuinely **VOTE IN NOVEMBER**. Does he make gunpowder out of chicken poop also?

#1639050 - 05/21/20 06:45 AM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline

BTW... I would like to meet your Army Ranger friend sometime. I bet you he's genuinely **VOTE IN NOVEMBER**. Does he make gunpowder out of chicken poop also?

Interesting proposition,cash.Would be fun to watch you and him interact,but you ,I,and everybody else on this site know that you never show up when called out.

#1639366 - 05/21/20 08:30 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
In the immortal words of the great philosopher Rodney King "Cant We all.................Just get along?!?!"

#1639388 - 05/21/20 09:10 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: dustydog]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

I will not meet with you Dusty... your stupid is more contagious than any mask you might wear...

As for your chicken poop ranger gunpowder guy... happy to meet him.

---------

Tom... it is just sport. See Schrek as a refresher...

#1639401 - 05/21/20 09:33 PM Re: anybody else notice.......... [Re: toughtom12]
dustydog Offline

Originally Posted By: toughtom12
In the immortal words of the great philosopher Rodney King "Cant We all.................Just get along?!?!"

Couldn't agree more tom,but some folks just can't see the silly in the space force thing/star trek thing.When ANY country can launch a com sat into orbit,it don't take much skill to put a orbital denial vehicle ( say,a 4000 pound claymore as example)into orbit.
Oh well,if anyone else wants to play, I GET TO BE SCOTTY OR KANG! FIRST DIBS!