Who's Online
18 registered (seneca, harleyguy86, Billyknabe, Kats, kapon, AUDIRS7, Drewman804, Falkov, 1beef, BishopofBling, Spencenasty, Dmiller33, 6 invisible), 4 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2072497 - 12/04/23 07:03 PM The “Midas Touch”
Robert2888 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: WestMoreland
City or County: Colonial Beach
Has anyone else been noticing the amount of listings that are skyhigh in their asking prices? Most of not all are used and are being listed at over the price of what is readily available over the counter at most decent gun shops, and well over online prices. I would also like to point out that the term “pre-ban” only applies to imported semiautomatic rifles based on military rifles with certain characteristics and the cut of date for use of “pre-ban” is 1989. At-15’s are not ever to be called that as they are plentiful and obtainable, while something like a Deawoo or Norinco is not. Just letting off some steam.

#2072724 - 12/05/23 01:29 PM Re: The “Midas Touch” [Re: Robert2888]
Hiimjimmeh Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: Sterling
trust me you're not the only one who has noticed. I've actually always wondered if certain parts of the state just charge more in retail and so people don't know what it normally goes for either online/not marked up by the dealer. in any case I guess people just overpaid a while back or think they can dupe someone new to the site. My favorite is one time someone asked how much to price something in the shoutbox and someone said "ask for however much you have in it" and thought it was the dumbest thing ive ever heard

#2073080 - 12/06/23 02:22 PM Re: The “Midas Touch” [Re: Robert2888]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Winchester
Oh, you can ask for whatever you have in it...doesn't mean you'll get it.

As to the pre-ban thing, they do exist, I sold two pre-ban AR's to a guy in MA last year for VERY good money, it seems (there anyway) it's based off serial number, one was 3 digit the other 5. I guess the government figures if it's below "X" number it's OK, above that, nope, you really cannot fix stupid.

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)

#2073084 - 12/06/23 02:42 PM Re: The “Midas Touch” [Re: Robert2888]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Goochland
Ge minigun, when did you move here from mASSholechusetts? When I left after Heil heilies agenda I sold my Stag model three for around $1,500 but I was still a resident. No ffl should've allowed the importation of new AR's from out of state no matter the manufacturer date. It's like with Glocks in that state because Glock won't bow to the liberal demotard agenda and send in multiple copies for testing.

Charles V.

#2073344 - 12/07/23 11:51 AM Re: The “Midas Touch” [Re: Robert2888]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Winchester
Never lived there and anytime I drive north I avoid that state like the plague.

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)