Who's Online
10 registered (reloader2, SNN, M374ME, vw2013, Jaydubya87, BigTuna, SDSwoll, The Truth, grey71, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1570028 - 12/11/19 09:35 PM Ruby Ridge: A Warning to Virginia's Gun Owners
lue-jones Offline
Demigod

Loc: Virginia, USA.
City or County: Vinton
Like many of you, I had heard of Ruby Ridge but was unfamiliar with the exact story. There is being basically familiar with the story, which I was, then really getting an idea of the actual truth. Recently, I caught a documentary on Netflix called Ruby Ridge and found the story absolutely heartbreaking.

Randy Weaver, a former Green Beret, was entrapped by the federal government on firearms charges in what is one of the most tragic stories I've ever heard. This should be a wake up call for Virginians who fail to comply to state and federal law enforcement authorities. Introduced to the Aryan Nation by an undercover government informant, Weaver, a poor man attempting to provide for his family, was entrapped into selling illegal firearms to the undercover government informant and what followed next was a legendary story that reverberates throughout American conservative gun culture.

Soon after, Weavers dog was shot dead, followed by his son and wife next. In the end, Weaver was convicted of failure to appear in court and awarded a $3 million dollar settlement. But its the devil that is in the details and this story should serve as a warning for all Virginia gun owners who fail to comply to state and federal law.

Unfortunately, I can not provide a link to the Netflix documentary but it is highly recommended viewing. But I can provide two links below for those interested in a broad overview of an incredibly sad story.

Ruby Ridge: Sarah Weaver Provides Inside Details Part 1

Ruby Ridge: Sarah Weaver Provides Inside Details Part 2

#1570083 - 12/12/19 06:24 AM Re: Ruby Ridge: A Warning to Virginia's Gun Owners [Re: lue-jones]
lue-jones Offline
Demigod

Loc: Virginia, USA.
City or County: Vinton
Quote:
Public protests by self-declared white supremacists. Criticism of how police handled a violent standoff. Three deaths.

These events recall last week’s outbursts in Charlottesville, Virginia, but actually describe a 25-year-old incident in a forested region of northern Idaho, about 40 miles south of the Canadian border.

That 11-day standoff starting Aug. 21, 1992, between federal agents and a heavily armed family at Ruby Ridge laid the groundwork for today’s anti-government sentiment and white supremacy movement displayed for all to see in Charlottesville, according to one expert.

Quote:
While there, at some point in 1989, a confidential informant for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms struck up a relationship with Weaver and, in a move that was later dismissed as entrapment, advised and persuaded Weaver to saw off the tops of shotguns, breaking federal law.

ATF agents used the charges to approach Weaver about becoming an informant himself, but he refused.

Weaver was arrested for sawing off the shotguns in January 1991 after ATF agents pretended they were having car trouble and Weaver and his wife stopped to help. Weaver later failed to appear in court and a bench warrant was issued.

Quote:
The Weaver’s dog alerted the family of the marshals presence and Randy Weaver, son Sammy, 14, and their family friend Kevin Harris went to investigate, bringing weapons with them. A firefight ensued after one of the marshals fatally shot the dog.

The two sides exchanged gunfire and, afterwards, Sammy and Deputy U.S. Marshal Bill Degan lay dead.

Quote:
The next day, as Randy Weaver, his daughter Sara and Harris were going to visit the body of Sammy Weaver, which family members had moved to a nearby shed, an FBI sniper shot Randy Weaver in the armpit. As the three ran back into the house, the sniper fired a second shot that hit Harris in the chest and went through the door and fatally struck Vicki Weaver, who was standing behind the door while holding the family’s infant daughter.

ABC

#1570158 - 12/12/19 10:01 AM Re: Ruby Ridge: A Warning to Virginia's Gun Owners [Re: lue-jones]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Quote:
Soon after, Weavers dog was shot dead, followed by his son and wife next. In the end, Weaver was convicted of failure to appear in court and awarded a $3 million dollar settlement. But its the devil that is in the details and this story should serve as a warning for all Virginia gun owners who fail to comply to state and federal law.

No snipers needed this time. Without anti-armor capabilities, they will just run you over.

#1570163 - 12/12/19 10:08 AM Re: Ruby Ridge: A Warning to Virginia's Gun Owners [Re: lue-jones]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
Met Randy Weaver back when he was pushing his book.Amazed how the conspiracy theory people latch on to him.Did not agree with him on a lot of things,but we both seemed to at least have respect and no fear of the other.Strange seeing him used as a polemic again.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1570188 - 12/12/19 11:00 AM Re: Ruby Ridge: A Warning to Virginia's Gun Owners [Re: lue-jones]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
I fear no government more than my own -- Bustedknee 1997

Read through the "for sale" ads and "wanted" ads on this board. There are several that have ATF entrapment written all over them.

#1570199 - 12/12/19 11:19 AM Re: Ruby Ridge: A Warning to Virginia's Gun Owners [Re: lue-jones]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
Weirdly good point,busted knee.Thought I was the only one spotting those setups.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.