Who's Online
5 registered (Tundradude, Skywalking, 804life, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1570560 - 12/13/19 10:54 AM I Propose a New Gun Law -- Defense Of Our Rights (DOOR)
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
I know some of you folks are members over on the Gunbroker forum where I also posted this "idea" for some national responses. I suspect the responses may be a little hotter here in the Old Dominion.

Since new unconstitutional anti-4A laws (Virginia) are threatening our rights it has become necessary for counties and municipalities to pass laws saying they will refuse to enforce the unconstitutional laws.

However, some elected officials are balking, citing various reasons. Every county, town and city in Virginia is spending time and money in an attempt to protect an existing right with differing laws.

I feel it is time to propose a national Defense Of Our Rights (DOOR) law.

Any citizen that defends his (or her) Constitutional rights (4A) with deadly force (against an official) need only to claim DOOR to invoke the law.
No charges may may be brought against that individual.

That means, any official that attempts to disarm a law-abiding citizen my do so only if the citizen voluntarily surrenders his (her) arm(s).
Forced disarming may only be executed by court order accompanied by charging documents

All legal citizens of the United States may resort to use of deadly force to protect his (her) constitutional rights against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

After a claim of DOOR, the burden of proof falls upon the government to prove it was not DOOR before any other charges may be filed.

Are you with me? Suggestions? Thoughts?

#1570568 - 12/13/19 11:22 AM Re: I Propose a New Gun Law -- Defense Of Our Rights (DOOR) [Re: bustedknee]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
Slippery slope.

What I mean is then it becomes he said she said. If they've busted in and you're shot up and dead how exactly will exclaiming "Door" help.

We're not obliged to follow unconstitutional laws.

A.

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me

#1570586 - 12/13/19 12:04 PM Re: I Propose a New Gun Law -- Defense Of Our Rights (DOOR) [Re: bustedknee]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
I think you misunderstand, your murder is a whole 'nother situation entirely.

If they bust in and you shoot them and claim DOOR you will not be arrested. You were simply protecting your rights.

If the government wants to pursue charges against you they must now do a full investigation and come to the determination that the official was indeed following the law (in violating your rights). To be legal he needed a court order and charging documents.

With this law in place I don't think you will find a single government official willing to illegally confiscate guns.

The Dims are out of their minds.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...rce-gun-control

Edited by bustedknee (12/13/19 12:42 PM)

#1570601 - 12/13/19 12:48 PM Re: I Propose a New Gun Law -- Defense Of Our Rights (DOOR) [Re: bustedknee]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
SCOTUS of 1803...still valid.

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” (Marbury vs. Madison, 1803)

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1570649 - 12/13/19 03:18 PM Re: I Propose a New Gun Law -- Defense Of Our Rights (DOOR) [Re: bustedknee]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
I can't imagine any actual Law Enforcement Officers want these new laws to pass. The cops have a thankless and stressful job as it is, these new laws would make the stress unbearable. Armed citizens are the only "friends" cops have had in recent years, with armed citizens as adversaries?!?! Lets just say working for the Detroit Police in Robocop would be a more desirable position. And I don't think we need a law that explicitly states that you can kill law enforcement officers for attempting to disarm you. That just makes us look like the Timothy Mcveigh types that the left want to portray us as.

#1570676 - 12/13/19 04:21 PM Re: I Propose a New Gun Law -- Defense Of Our Rights (DOOR) [Re: bustedknee]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
^^^^^

#1571023 - 12/14/19 11:59 AM Re: I Propose a New Gun Law -- Defense Of Our Rights (DOOR) [Re: bustedknee]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
I think you misunderstand, your murder is a whole 'nother situation entirely.

---Maybe so.

If they bust in and you shoot them and claim DOOR you will not be arrested. You were simply protecting your rights.

---The problem with protecting your rights is that simply claiming them in our day and age of twisted logic will have no real weight in a court of law. The system is too broken currently for that to work.

If the government wants to pursue charges against you they must now do a full investigation and come to the determination that the official was indeed following the law (in violating your rights). To be legal he needed a court order and charging documents.

---In theory you are right but in reality it won't go that way. There is already enough corruption in the system to allow an investigation in the first place. In this day and age getting a court order can be fabricated.

With this law in place I don't think you will find a single government official willing to illegally confiscate guns.

---Most humans in general don't want to catch lead at 3000 fps.

The Dims are out of their minds.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...rce-gun-control
[/quote]

---Squeaky wheel....

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me

#1571073 - 12/14/19 01:25 PM Re: I Propose a New Gun Law -- Defense Of Our Rights (DOOR) [Re: bustedknee]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
All gun laws are unconstitutional, No exceptions!
Jury nullification is a right!!
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.