Who's Online
1 registered (VA_SHAKA), 10 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1586834 - 01/26/20 12:56 AM What happens to VAGT if mandatory background checks become law?
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
Will it still be business as usual around here? I'm guessing the board rules would change to specify that members must meet at an FFL when buying and selling? Mostly I'm just curious what everyone thinks will happen to this website and all of the online gun groups as laws get passed?

#1586897 - 01/26/20 08:21 AM Re: What happens to VAGT if mandatory background checks become law? [Re: toughtom12]
ruckersvillan Offline
Angry Southern Deplorable White Christian Male

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ruckersville/Greene County
Since most of the state is a 2nd amendment sanctuary, who cares. If local law enforcement does not enforce these unjust policies, I would think it would be the ultimate show of civil disobedience.

I'll cling to my guns and religion and you can take both from my cold dead hands

We Need To Play Cowboys And Liberals

#1586988 - 01/26/20 11:26 AM Re: What happens to VAGT if mandatory background checks become law? [Re: toughtom12]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
2 Timothy 1:7 King James Version

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1586992 - 01/26/20 11:53 AM Re: What happens to VAGT if mandatory background checks become law? [Re: toughtom12]
Sfach Offline
Positive, approachable and accomodating, Thats Me!

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: N Stafford
I think the ftf deals wil be interesting Im glad that Ive been here long enough to know quite a few folks
Tbe even better news is that the overwhelming majority of our fellow VAGTers are very good guys and Patriots most of whom have CCWs thus already background checked Legit enough for me
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT

#1587017 - 01/26/20 12:56 PM Re: What happens to VAGT if mandatory background checks become law? [Re: Sfach]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Considering the current bill that passed the senate and is with the house of delegates for consideration, makes it a felony to sell a firearms without a background check...everyone will need to use caution! I’m sure there will be some set ups (from state or local level) to catch and make an example out of any transgressions against the will of the leftist in charge.

#1587034 - 01/26/20 01:46 PM Re: What happens to VAGT if mandatory background checks become law? [Re: Cash is King]
Ledchunkr Offline
Just a 'nuther grunt

Loc: just south of Richmond,VA
City or County: tri cities
Originally Posted By: Cash is King
2 Timothy 1:7 King James Version

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

+1
Prepping is good, but prepping without Jesus is like drilling holes in the boat. Acts 2:37-38/Proverbs 1:24-33
-----------

#1587064 - 01/26/20 02:54 PM Re: What happens to VAGT if mandatory background checks become law? [Re: toughtom12]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
Northwest firearms forum does just fine with Washington and Oregon having background check laws. It will all depend on implementation. Will I be able to get a background check done by phone with vsp? Will I be able to get a background check done on myself and if so, how long would it be valid for? For all this junk, the devil will be in the details.

#1587065 - 01/26/20 02:54 PM Re: What happens to VAGT if mandatory background checks become law? [Re: toughtom12]
Tazguy04 Offline
Tacticool Cat Trader

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico
VAGT could still be used if all members make the transaction through a ffl

#1587144 - 01/26/20 06:10 PM Re: What happens to VAGT if mandatory background checks become law? [Re: Tazguy04]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
Isn't it an exception for trades at a gun range?

Bustedknee's Gun Range is open for business.
Call for appointment - and bring something to trade.

I can get a business license if necessary.

Actually, my wife and I have been discussing a move to Florida or Texas...or even back to Alaska. While we still have the freedom to move.

#1587278 - 01/27/20 07:46 AM Re: What happens to VAGT if mandatory background checks become law? [Re: toughtom12]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Transfers between family will be legal, yall are all adopted