Who's Online
9 registered (Shooterguy, GeeQ, Blu18, chelnerul, Spatula_Man, Tan41, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1714280 - 01/13/21 06:39 PM Left now trying to silence VCDL
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
It’s a matter of time before the tech giants also come for VAGT. Below is the email from VCDL.

Yesterday, Mailchimp suspended VCDL's VA-ALERT account claiming possible policy violation, but with no explanation of what policy was possibly violated and no warning. After careful review, we can't find any policy that was broken (other than being pro-rights).

The good news is that we were already in the process of moving to a new system (this one) and dropping Mailchimp. The bad news is we weren't quite ready yet. So we had to finish the move yesterday and today.

Because of Mailchimp's actions, an alert on Lobby Day couldn't go out to everyone yesterday as planned. We did manage to get the alert out to our 35,000 paying members late yesterday using our membership system. (Just because you get these alerts doesn't mean you are an actual VCDL member.)

We will repeat yesterday's alert later tonight, so some of you will get it twice. Another alert will follow covering new issues.

NOTE: Currently you can't reach me by replying to these alerts. That will be fixed soon. In the meantime, you'll have to send an email to president@vcdl.org.

#1714302 - 01/13/21 07:29 PM Re: Left now trying to silence VCDL [Re: jr45]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
I mention to Mr. Van Cleave that he needs to get Proton mail service. it is out of country and fully encrypted. I need to bring it up at social distancing event.

#1715247 - 01/16/21 10:54 AM Re: Left now trying to silence VCDL [Re: jr45]
usmilret Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George
I second Proton and if gee male l ever does the same I will then cancel them.

#1715505 - 01/16/21 10:28 PM Re: Left now trying to silence VCDL [Re: jr45]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
ar15.com doesn’t allow protonmail for account registration. They have to harvest member info as leverage in case they ‘who need brady when you have nra and bill ruger’