Who's Online
11 registered (Matt69, invicta, Otislee, superstang84, ACFS2006, 6 invisible), 12 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1900848 - 06/23/22 11:02 PM Home Schooling
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Ffx County unfortunately
Is anyone here currently homeschooling their children while maintaining a FT job? Or know of someone who has?

Feel like most public schools, if not all, here in NoVA are poop.

My MIL is a Ffx county teacher’s assistant for elementary school.

She was taking some training test online, one of questions were how to be more inclusive and something about increasing awareness and/or promoting an open environment.

Why are you always smiling?" "Because it's all so **I'M AN IDIOT** hysterical."

Chitty chitty bang bang

#1900870 - 06/24/22 12:34 AM Re: Home Schooling [Re: The Corps]
The Truth Offline
The iguana is on the rock

Loc: Henrico
City or County: Henrico
They're garbage here in Richmond too. Lots of solid educators too, but the city has no interest in retaining them, apparently.

S&W Model 1076 TEU- prefix FBI issue

CZ Model 457 Varmint 22WMR
Ruger Hawkeye Compact 308

#1903179 - 07/01/22 01:12 AM Re: Home Schooling [Re: The Corps]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
We did for years, went private last year in Catholic schools. Much better than the public options. Home school was great, though some kids don’t take as well to learning from mom and dad so we did use a local co-op and online through Wilson Hill as they got older.

#2018049 - 06/13/23 07:05 PM Re: Home Schooling [Re: The Corps]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Needa revive this thread, oldest is almost school age.

#2018448 - 06/15/23 07:31 AM Re: Home Schooling [Re: The Corps]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
If I were to bring a kid into this world, I'd already have things in play. The agenda they are pushing in schools means I'd be intentionally poisoning my child if I put them in there.

I'd have to sit down with my lady and and family and strategize curriculum, time, etc. Without a good support network (fam, etc) hard to really do that.

For many people it would take a complete lifestyle change. So many people waste money on things that don't matter. So many people pay interest on things that go DOWN in value all the time.

So if the lady understands her role, understands how we are going to spend money and what our goal is, I think it can work. But so many "couples" who are dual income waste money and energy.

Just look at what they owe in a morgtage, look at what they owe in their driveway. Most people don't have the ability to live modestly and make sacrifices.

I suppose they'll learn one day.

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me

#2018572 - 06/15/23 03:27 PM Re: Home Schooling [Re: The Corps]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
Liberty

This was recommended to me, no first hand knowledge.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#2018873 - 06/16/23 03:00 PM Re: Home Schooling [Re: The Corps]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Winchester
Ali hit the nail right on the head!!! We have neighbors that have 3 home school kids and other than the boy being an absolute terror they are great kids and very well adjusted, both of the girls test/grade way above where they should, the boy is above as well, just not as high. Single income, pastor for a small church and they make it work. As Ali mentioned, people have their priorities in the wrong place…”we have to be better than the Jones…have to be…yes, we’re drowning in debt and will never get out, but we do look good doing it, huh?” Sad really if you think about it…they care more about what other people think of them than how their kids will be raised…

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)

#2018880 - 06/16/23 03:42 PM Re: Home Schooling [Re: The Corps]
twodents Offline
Bolt action

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
My wife homeschools three of our children. She doesn't subscribe to some program and stick them in front of a computer. She sits there and teaches them and works with them. For Math she does use a curriculum but different ones for each kid, as they each learn differently. If you want to be all in and give them the best you can, I STRONGLY recommend the book "The well trained mind" by Susan Wise Bower. Start here! This book will absolutely change the way you view education and your children. ...and by the way, she was a professor at William and Mary. Very smart woman. I cannot stress enough the impact of this book!!! Feel free to hit me up with questions. We have 2 finishing high school this year and the other 3 will NEVER go to public school again, and our infant never will either. Give them the best. Be all in.

#2019127 - 06/17/23 12:18 PM Re: Home Schooling [Re: The Corps]
Bcmgunfighter Offline
Not all ARs are created equal...

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Rochelle
Abeka dvd program. Longtime, conservative teachers in a classroom, explaining everything in the workbooks, and effectively eliminating the need for a parent to watch everything like a hawk. I’ve heard a lot of parents comment about how much they themselves learned from their children’s curriculum. Additionally, there is a strong emphasis on, English, math, and history… all of which, our population shows increasing ignorance.

PM me if you want more info.
As far as available curriculums, Abeka is considered the very best/most thorough.
DD Lite Rail II 14

MY DO NOT DEAL LIST
smilewhenIshoot - “There is zero evidence of voter fraud”
Manwich23 - supports Chinese/US power grid
JiveBunny
Downhillshot
Alwaystrading
dcarms - ATF CUCK

#2045866 - 09/08/23 08:10 AM Re: Home Schooling [Re: The Corps]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Thanks yall!

#2046433 - 09/09/23 06:43 PM Re: Home Schooling [Re: The Corps]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
Hey Corps, did you get your youngster homeschooled yet?

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me