Who's Online
7 registered (jr45, vash731, EVA630, Hiimjimmeh, Dzilkhaenatani, faexaminer75, 45autocountry), 5 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1008129 - 02/19/16 04:00 PM VCDL FB Page - Problems With Members
DPJ2a Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Northern Virginia
City or County: Ashburn
OPEN MESSAGE TO THE VA CITIZENS DEFENSE LEAGUE FB PAGE.......

Did one of your admins seriously just boot me off our (unofficial) FB page for posting some information about a Leesburg VIRGINIA talk show host who is one of our most ardent supporters of what we are trying to do to protect and promote our second amendment rights, especially holding politicians accountable for what they are doing to defeat us? As evidenced by many likes on the post, it was of interest to members who want our 2A story told for all to hear.

As a DUES PAYING MEMBER of the VCDL that is offensive, and foolish frankly, if you want us to stick around as dues paying members. Not only do I pay dues but I attend VCDL rallies, write letters, speak up for VCDL at open forums, always vote for VCDL supportive candidates, etc etc.

To be clear, nothing your admins do or don't do will chase me away as a committed member of this cause in Virginia, including numerous organized bodies, but it might be helpful to our cause (and our VCDL membership numbers) if certain people related to this (unofficial) FB page treated us with a modicum of respect in their dealings with us.

Thanks for your consideration as in the end we all really want the same thing, and can best accomplish that by getting along.

Edited by DPJ2a (02/21/16 01:35 PM)

#1008142 - 02/19/16 04:34 PM Re: VCDL FB Page - Problems With Members [Re: DPJ2a]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
Quote:
As to Ed Levine's "official" Facebook page - it is not officially a product of VCDL. but an independent reporting page governed/controlled in part by VCDL president, PVC. Note that nothing has changed - the site is not a VCDL official Facebook page.

In response to the question "what oversight is offered?" PVC's response was, "He (Ed) is the main person who takes care of the page, so people are going to see his name quite a bit and could get confused. I (PVC) try to keep an eye on the page and I am an administrator for the page, so I have control over it. Generally, I'll just contact Ed if something needs to be done." 

Personally, I think the site must show the disclaimer at the top that it is not a part of VCDL, but solely an independent reporting site.
< from Grapeshot OCDO post

Facebook.....no thanks.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1008973 - 02/21/16 01:57 PM Re: VCDL FB Page - Problems With Members [Re: Agent19]
DPJ2a Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Northern Virginia
City or County: Ashburn
Yes to be clear, I've never had any problems or difficulties with VCDL Inc itself and proudly support what they do every way I can. I hope others will do so as well and will join as a dues paying member if they are not already. My contacts with VA legislators around the commonwealth confirms they have clout in protecting our 2A rights within VA.

However, with the VCDL wannabe parrot FB page there are numerous other people who have complained as well that it deals too much in personalities and acts to limit the sharing 2A related info, and discussion of issues having to do with actually exercising our rights in everyday life and within our local communities. This is a missed opportunity to build our 2A preservation community and is wrongheaded in my opinion.

As is sometimes the case, certain people with domineering personalities seeking to control things get themselves appointed as page admins (sometimes at multiple sites/pages), then proceed to assuage their own large egos and not to serve legitimate site users who wish to contribute to the 2A online community. In time I hope things at the parrot VCDL site may change, but my point is that for the time being potential users would do well not to have too high expectations of being treated fairly if they go on there.

Edited by DPJ2a (02/21/16 04:16 PM)

#1009024 - 02/21/16 04:09 PM Re: VCDL FB Page - Problems With Members [Re: DPJ2a]
RegularGuyTabbed Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Roanoke VA
City or County: Roanoke
unofficial page? And the problem is...

I myself would only want to communicate on an OFFICIAL page of an organization FWIW.

#1009967 - 02/23/16 07:50 PM Re: VCDL FB Page - Problems With Members [Re: DPJ2a]
haulingman Offline
Addicted

Loc: springfield, va
City or County: Fairfax county
Thanks for posting this. I was literally just getting ready to join VCDL and this kind of confirms a few things another member told me. I think I will skip it. This just sort of screams leadership issues. If the trademark holder of VCDL is allowing an unofficial Facebook page to exist with thug moderators, what else are they doing with our money/ dues. No thanks , plenty of other pro 2nd amendment organizations to contribute to that aren't into censorship. It always amazes me when some among us want to promote & defend one freedom while stepping all over another.

#1029685 - 04/13/16 10:00 PM Re: VCDL FB Page - Problems With Members [Re: DPJ2a]
2mbs Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Carson, VA
City or County: Prince George County
This is a little bit off topic, but I just wanted to add my two cents on the VCDL. I don't do the whole Facebook thing, so I can't comment on that. What I can comment on is my one year as a member of the VCDL. I had seen the table at all the gun shows, & my boss is actually a member. I did my research & decided to join. The next gun show I went to, I went up to the VCDL table, & stood there for over a minute before the two at the table stopped the conversation they were having to acknowledge me. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind waiting if there is a lot going on, but I was the only one at the table, with the cash visibly in my hand, & they still carried on like I was just taking a break in front of their table. After letting one of the two know that I wanted to join, & why I wanted to join, I filled out the form, & was given a temporary membership card. I was told to expect an actual card in the mail later. In the following year, I heard nothing from the VCDL. I received no membership card, no mailings at all, & not even an email. I actually thought that my membership form may have been lost since my membership was never acknowledged in any way, shape, or form. As least until one year later. After never even getting a card with my name printed on it, I received a renewal notice. Well, I thought that was pretty funny that they knew about me when it came time for more money, but at that point, they had a better chance of seeing Jesus than getting more money out of me. I will say, though, I still support what the VCDL does, but I don't see myself ever joining again after that experience, nor will I recommend someone else join.