Who's Online
12 registered (EdwardZ, Mja, beestingza, granbycomet, JakeBenjis, raydog, GeeQ, Tylerjb4, 4 invisible), 8 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#679974 - 02/17/14 03:39 PM shooting blanks in Fairfax County
csalas Offline
Bolt action

Loc: VA, Fairfax County
City or County: Fairfax Station
I've read the appropriate codes regarding shooting on property less than 20 acres and that a starting pistol can be used so long as it can not readily be used as a "regular" gun (loose wording on my part.)

So, to be clear, I can not put a blank firing adapter on my AKM and use blanks on my property? I have 5 acres of wooded, hilly land.

#681779 - 02/20/14 06:54 PM Re: shooting blanks in Fairfax County [Re: csalas]
lizjimbo Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: FREDERICKSBURG
The people that are calling Fairfax County cops do not know you are only shooting blanks. Why not just go to the NRA range.

#682050 - 02/21/14 08:57 AM Re: shooting blanks in Fairfax County [Re: csalas]
csalas Offline
Bolt action

Loc: VA, Fairfax County
City or County: Fairfax Station
sure, I can go to any ranges. But since I had some property I wanted to utilize it for some kinetic ranges, rather than the simple static ranges that the NRA range offers.

#730497 - 05/23/14 02:50 PM Re: shooting blanks in Fairfax County [Re: csalas]
lizjimbo Offline
Marksman

City or County: FREDERICKSBURG
then you must deal with the kinetic cops!

#731608 - 05/26/14 02:25 AM Re: shooting blanks in Fairfax County [Re: lizjimbo]
Lehnerd Defense Offline
Gun fool

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Woodbridge
Originally Posted By: lizjimbo
then you must deal with the kinetic cops!

LOL.

"People's lives don't end when they die, it ends when they lose their faith." -Hanzou

"I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."

#775734 - 08/23/14 09:12 PM Re: shooting blanks in Fairfax County [Re: csalas]
Luger Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Virginia Beach
If you talked to your neighbors and the local police and everyone is cool with it then you'll probably be ok. But if you ever accidentally shoot a real bullet and anything is hurt, hell might rain down on you. If a state cop happens to wander by, that might be a real issue as well.

If you're really interested, run it past the local cops, then get a lawyer to draft up some paperwork between you and them to use as future protection just in case. Lastly, be 10000% sure you never accidentally hit anyone.

#775754 - 08/23/14 09:45 PM Re: shooting blanks in Fairfax County [Re: Luger]
Ratgun Offline
RATGUN APPROVED!!!!!

City or County: Vienna
Originally Posted By: Luger

be 10000% sure you never accidentally hit anyone.

Yeah...what he said, make sure there is never an accident....im i really reading that?

#776500 - 08/25/14 10:58 AM Re: shooting blanks in Fairfax County [Re: lizjimbo]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
Originally Posted By: lizjimbo
The people that are calling Fairfax County cops do not know you are only shooting blanks. Why not just go to the NRA range.

Yea the same noise comes from blanks as from loaded , the people calling the police aren't calling about the bullet they are reporting the sound. Get a silencer and rock n roll

#776503 - 08/25/14 11:01 AM Re: shooting blanks in Fairfax County [Re: csalas]
v8unleashed Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: nova
City or County: nova
Unfortunately, in today's world, your best bet is going to be calling the non emergency number to give them a heads up as to what will be going on, so hopefully you don't get AR15s pointed at you.

Plus, I would certainly say that an AK with a blank adapter on it could "readily be used" as a real gun.