Who's Online
7 registered (jaredsmiz757, VA_SHAKA, Kevinlee93, SmoothJimmyApollo, Tm965, R_George, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1920139 - 08/18/22 02:06 PM Multiple handgun purchase application
vern116 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Poquoson Va
City or County: poquoson
Hey guys I just wanted to make a quick post here. This week I went to the Virginia State Police website and downloaded a copy of the application to purchase multiple handguns inside of 30 days. Hold it out got it notarized and took it to the local Virginia State Police department. They verified my ID and faxed it to wherever in Richmond that they get them approved. I got the application back approved within 2 days. Now the State Police in my local office had never seen the application before and didn't quite know what to do it took him a few minutes to figure it out but once they did this process was smooth easy and worked fine

#1920187 - 08/18/22 05:34 PM Re: Multiple handgun purchase application [Re: vern116]
twodents Offline
Bolt action

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
If you have a chp, you won't need that form.

#1921122 - 08/21/22 08:59 AM Re: Multiple handgun purchase application [Re: vern116]
vern116 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Poquoson Va
City or County: poquoson
Yep I found it interesting that you could fill out the application in case you have yet to get your chp. The approval took 2 days after filling it out and getting it notarized. The only hang up was no one at the state police could give me direct answers about the application. I was told I had to have 2 multi purchase permits to buy pistols from separate private sellers, when in
reality I could have listed the total number of pistols on one permit if all of the transfers were being done at a single ffl. If you are meeting different sellers at different ffl you would have to have a separate permit for each ffl.

Edited by vern116 (08/21/22 09:00 AM)