Who's Online
10 registered (Gnome, TonyAR308, DFrazier, mike11713, Dj1ofdet, Irishinva, Electrician, cadi86, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1982541 - 02/17/23 07:49 AM beware of blaster
wayno1n81 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: virginia
City or County: Winchester/Frederick County
Received a message from blaster regarding ammo I had listed.
After confirming what ammo he was referring to, that he really only wanted ˝ box (25 rounds), and that he wanted it shipped, I informed him it was probably better to find someone local to deal with, as the cost and hassle of shipping ammo was not really worth it.
He pressed and said to get him a price on one box shipped to him. I told him it would take a few days but would let him know.
I found a box suitable for shipping one box of ammo, took measurements and weight, went to UPS.com and got the estimated shipping cost.
I messaged him and told him what it would cost. He wanted it cheaper but then agreed to the price.
He asked for my Zelle info which I sent him. I told him I did not know what day I could get to UPS but would keep him posted with tracking info. Also said I needed his address.
No reply. Then removed himself from the topic
So he had me go through the trouble to prep a package, get shipping info, and then give him my info…and then drops off.
Sounds like phishing/data mining.

#1982657 - 02/17/23 02:06 PM Re: beware of blaster [Re: wayno1n81]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: wayno1n81
Received a message from blaster regarding ammo I had listed.
After confirming what ammo he was referring to, that he really only wanted ˝ box (25 rounds), and that he wanted it shipped, I informed him it was probably better to find someone local to deal with, as the cost and hassle of shipping ammo was not really worth it.
He pressed and said to get him a price on one box shipped to him. I told him it would take a few days but would let him know.
I found a box suitable for shipping one box of ammo, took measurements and weight, went to UPS.com and got the estimated shipping cost.
I messaged him and told him what it would cost. He wanted it cheaper but then agreed to the price.
He asked for my Zelle info which I sent him. I told him I did not know what day I could get to UPS but would keep him posted with tracking info. Also said I needed his address.
No reply. Then removed himself from the topic
So he had me go through the trouble to prep a package, get shipping info, and then give him my info…and then drops off.
Sounds like phishing/data mining.

MESSAGE SENT TO blaster FOR RESPONSE. OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT TO RESPOND HERE.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#1982689 - 02/17/23 03:40 PM Re: beware of blaster [Re: the cwa]
blaster Offline
Bolt action

Loc: VA
City or County: Virginia Beach
This is incredibly ridiculous! First, I'm a CyberSecurity Engineer, with an active Top Secret clearance, as a contractor with the Dept of Defense. The idea of claiming "phishing/data mining" is beyond laughable and is quite slanderous, in fact.
This is a forum where people post items for sale, then message each other for clarification on an item's description, cost to ship, where to meet, maybe bargain on price, etc. I explored the possibility of buying this ammo and asked questions about the total cost. He told me it would take him several days to give me a price for everything - which is perfectly fine. He eventually gave me a total of $37.15 all-in. I replied that I really only needed half a box because this was going to be used for my EDC (hollow points), hoping he might say he'd split up the box for me and we'd work out a deal. He said he didn't want to do that, which is perfectly fine, so I proceeded on with the 50 rounds. I think it's perfectly reasonable, in an open forum like this, to simply inquire about selling me half a box of ammo....no?
Anyway, I said "Ok, I like round numbers. How about $35.00?" He said something like "Let me check if I can even get it sent out"...completely flaky and non-committal about even sending it. What? I figured he really wanted the extra $2, so I came back and said "Nevermind, let's just do the $37.15 and be done with it...no biggie". He replied, AGAIN saying he "didn't know" when he'd be able to send it out, but gave me his Zelle info to send the money anyway and he'll eventually get around to seeing if he can send. What?
Well, I decided that I'm not going to just send money to a Zelle account, which can't be undone, to a guy who can't commit to sending the items, especially when you're on the honor system to send it. He could have kept my money and done nothing, with no recourse. He was just WAY Too flaky to do business with, so I bailed on the whole thing.
I guess it hurt his feelings that I left the conversation and didn't buy his ammo, so he torched me with negative feedback.
It's hard enough to trust strangers and send them untraceable/non-refundable money, but when they ask you to send money and TWICE tell you that they don't know if/when they'll be able to send the item, you have to weigh your options. As a CyberSecurity Engr of nearly 25 yrs, alarm bells go off. If anything, I would say HE sounds like he's trying to scam people, not me! I walked away...I apologize if I hurt your feelings.
This was so incredibly unnecessary and uncalled for....it should be removed ASAP!

Edited by blaster (02/17/23 03:44 PM)