Who's Online
9 registered (va3dshooter, 804life, Faron, 2022runner, boosno1, Zackhokie, Ohhh07, 2 invisible), 9 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1982555 - 02/17/23 08:16 AM Scb
Zamber8420 Offline
Addicted

Loc: VA
City or County: Springfield
SITUATION:
Last week (2/12), Scb reached out to me for a possible trade. They wanted both, my G43x + all accessories (mags, holsters, tlr6, etc) AND G19 in exchange for their stock p365 which included a zev slide, RMR, and threaded barrel. I priced everything out and determined trade was close to fair; however, I wanted to think it over because I didn't have a need for, in essence, a spare slide and barrel. They responded with how 'high quality' the slide and barrel was so I could assess the trade more deeply and that they would be interested in a trade for just the G19. I got back to Scb in literally an hour later stating I could do the RMR, slide, and threaded barrel for my G19 and he can keep his p365 (I already had one anyhow). He agreed to this trade by stating 'I'd do that' (see attached picture). -- (all of this exchange was on 2/12)

After they agreed to trade
, Scb has not responded to my follow up messages on 2/12, 2/14, and 2/15, and did view those on the same day I messaged them (see uploaded picture). Scb even uploaded a sale for a Ruger 10/22 takedown, so it appears they have ample time to response in some way.

REASONING:
Scb deserves negative feedback on the premises of 'ghosting' on this trade. By initially asking for both my G19 and 43x, they were effectively tied up and I lost out on trades with both the G43x and G19 with other members of VAGT while waiting several days for Scb to respond to my messages (that they were viewing, but not replying to). Scb did not even respond to me stating that I'm eyeing negative feedback!!

AWARENESS:
Currently, Scb registered their account only 6 days ago, has only two posts, and NO feedback on their profile. They were also very persistent in asking for my cellphone number to send pictures, which reminded me of the ways scammers do on Facebook Marketplace. MODS and members, please keep Scb on a watch list, as it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't their first and only VAGT account.

Edit: P.S. The image is the very end of our conversation which includes the agreement, it does not include the several instances in which the user asked for my cell number as they were much earlier in the exchange. In the photo, there are no messaging 'missing' between the break, that is to indicate which part of the conversation came first.

Attachments
negative scb.jpg

Edited by Zamber8420 (02/17/23 08:26 AM)

#1982666 - 02/17/23 02:21 PM Re: Scb [Re: Zamber8420]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: Zamber8420
SITUATION:
Last week (2/12), Scb reached out to me for a possible trade. They wanted both, my G43x + all accessories (mags, holsters, tlr6, etc) AND G19 in exchange for their stock p365 which included a zev slide, RMR, and threaded barrel. I priced everything out and determined trade was close to fair; however, I wanted to think it over because I didn't have a need for, in essence, a spare slide and barrel. They responded with how 'high quality' the slide and barrel was so I could assess the trade more deeply and that they would be interested in a trade for just the G19. I got back to Scb in literally an hour later stating I could do the RMR, slide, and threaded barrel for my G19 and he can keep his p365 (I already had one anyhow). He agreed to this trade by stating 'I'd do that' (see attached picture). -- (all of this exchange was on 2/12)

After they agreed to trade
, Scb has not responded to my follow up messages on 2/12, 2/14, and 2/15, and did view those on the same day I messaged them (see uploaded picture). Scb even uploaded a sale for a Ruger 10/22 takedown, so it appears they have ample time to response in some way.

REASONING:
Scb deserves negative feedback on the premises of 'ghosting' on this trade. By initially asking for both my G19 and 43x, they were effectively tied up and I lost out on trades with both the G43x and G19 with other members of VAGT while waiting several days for Scb to respond to my messages (that they were viewing, but not replying to). Scb did not even respond to me stating that I'm eyeing negative feedback!!

AWARENESS:
Currently, Scb registered their account only 6 days ago, has only two posts, and NO feedback on their profile. They were also very persistent in asking for my cellphone number to send pictures, which reminded me of the ways scammers do on Facebook Marketplace. MODS and members, please keep Scb on a watch list, as it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't their first and only VAGT account.

Edit: P.S. The image is the very end of our conversation which includes the agreement, it does not include the several instances in which the user asked for my cell number as they were much earlier in the exchange. In the photo, there are no messaging 'missing' between the break, that is to indicate which part of the conversation came first.

MESSAGE SENT TO Scb FOR RESPONSE. OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT TO RESPOND HERE.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?